City of Shattered Light by Claire Winn

westhebookworm's review

( I listened to the audio book of this so i will also be talking about to narrator's performance)
THIS BOOK!!!! I loved this book the writing was immersive and the story really sucked me in the description of the world really made to feel like you were there the characters were lovable (well most of them anyway) it safe to say Riven is my favorite based on the fact that i spent most of this book thirsting over her. I can't wait for the sequel because I need more of this story and characters.
THE NARRATION if you know me it’s no secret that I love Sarah Beth Pfeifer's work and her narration of this book is no different it was great her voice is beautiful and was perfect for the story and the Talent she has for giving each charter a unique voice is amazing and really helped immerse me into the book the combination of her voice and the writing really made the reading experience amazing and I just loved the reading experience 10 times more because of it

livinginsolitude's review against another edition

adventurous challenging hopeful tense fast-paced

gradiant1's review against another edition

adventurous funny lighthearted mysterious fast-paced

tlaynejones's review

jessmaereads's review

adventurous emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted reflective fast-paced

ninebookishlives's review

adventurous hopeful mysterious

This was an interesting scifi heist book. I loved the queer found family, and the little dogo too.  I'll admit, I didn't fully believe in the romance, nevermind the love triangle, but thankfully it wasn't the main part of the story.   In fact, the love triangle felt more of a complete one-way.  Boy likes girl, girl likes girl 2, girl 2 trusts no one.  I'm hoping to believe more of the romantic relationships in the second book. For the main plot, it's full of secrets, sacrifices, and betrayal, and I can't wait to see how this duology ends. I nearly forgot to mention the little AI, he is so cute and hilarious - I need more time with his dry humour.

crickett06's review

adventurous challenging dark hopeful sad tense medium-paced

megkoz's review against another edition

Too much of the initial world building was about guns

thems0kitty's review

emotional slow-paced

hannahbee_97's review against another edition

adventurous funny lighthearted tense medium-paced

I did enjoy this one, there were just a few moments that felt a little cliche/didn’t do it for me. HOWEVER, bisexual representation is amazing! There were a lot of fun space shenanigans! I would still consider it well worth the read and I will be reading the rest of the series!