Alias, Vol. 1, by Brian Michael Bendis, Michael Gaydos, Jeph Loeb

ila's review

adventurous dark medium-paced

lavender0menace's review

A lot different from what I expected, but it wasn’t bad. Super interesting seeing Carol Danvers again, since I’ve only seen her in Ms. Marvel.

misganasdeleer's review

¡Qué tal personaje el de Jessica Jones! Vamos por más.

shaunhamill's review

Not Bendis's best, seems more interested in shocking the reader than doing any interesting storytelling. Later volumes are much better.

zeldamac's review

Glad I'm reading this before Jessica Jones starts on Netflix. She's fun and a mess. The other characters are interesting and it's good to see this side of a superhero... ex-superhero.

saphirablue's review

I love it.

I love that there are elements that show up in the show (even not in the same way or sequence) and there are some that that don't show up at all.

Also, why did nobody tell me that Jessica and Carol Danvers are friends?!?!?

The art isn't quite mine but it fits JJ. :)

thebookwormadventures's review

The storyline was interesting, the art was good, but I didn't find this as spectacular as I had hoped it to be. And it's not because it's gritty, or there's violence and language and sex, I just expected more.

wanderlustlover's review

December Graphic Novel Read

Meh. I still feel the same way about 70% of the Marvel Max titles that I did when they were published the year I was still managing the comic store. We read this one for the relevance of Jessica Jones just being released and taking the world by storm -- which proved the reverse of the norm. The show was so much more coherent with a good long reaching story (number of stories) to tell.

mentormikael_9's review

This was my first grown up comic book and I loved it.

amandareid's review

Ok, now I am *super* excited for JESSICA JONES on Netflix!