Whisper Me a Love Song, by Eku Takeshima

rosemildred's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

zanderstruck's review against another edition

This has so far been my favourite yuri manga I ever read. Okay, I think I read three, but this one is super cute. I enjoyed that it's such a slow burn and the girls are giving time to truly understand their feelings for each other. I also just always enjoy a music story and that part is very well done too.

I think this is a great read for everyone who already enjoys the genre but also people wanting to check it out, because it's so soft and lacks the sexual undertones that I often find very off-putting.

nejiten4ever67's review against another edition

Book provided by Netgalley

This honestly felt like a cute ff version of Given.

Whisper Me a Love Song is about two girls Himari Kino, an up and coming freshman, and Yori Asanagi, a third year and the temporary lead singer in the high school band SSGirls. Both of them fall in love at first sight with each other and it follows the beginning of their relationship.

This story is just absolute fluff and completely adorable. Even though same sex relationships aren't typically accepted, all of Himari and Yoris' friends are accepting of their relationship although Yori thinks that Himari is just in love with her voice and not her.

fraboo's review against another edition

funny hopeful lighthearted fast-paced

inkspitblog's review against another edition

I’d like to take a moment to thank the publishers and netgalley for a free copy in exchange of an honest review!

Holy cow! This was adorable!
It’s really nice to see a manga about lgbt stories that isn’t hyper sexualised or rapey. The only problem I have with it is that it seems a little bit like queer baiting in some instances. I can’t tell if the other main character is just really oblivious or kinda mean?

I really like the development and how her friends didn’t question that she likes girls. A few throw away comments left me uncomfortable but I feel this may more be a reflection of attitudes in Japan about lgbt people versus trying to be nasty.

Overall a super cute manga with lovely artwork and nice development. I’d definitely pick up the next volume!

franckensteine's review against another edition

3/5 stars

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for the e-arc

This was a cute read! Characters and art are great. The sapphic romance isn't bad either. What's preventing me from rating it more is the author sort of suffering with sam face syndrome and the fact that i wasn't fully invested in the manga

readwithethel's review against another edition

A sweet and light romance that will make your heart melt

Key words: romance, manga, lgbt, music, contemporary fiction

What a really cute manga. I loved the drawing style so much; the characters are all very cute and recognisable. Moreover, their personalities are so great. Kino is full of life and always smiling and Yori is very sweet and ready to love and be loved. They complete each other. Now the only negative point I can find in this manga is that the two main characters kind of get attached to each other way too fast and easily. I know it is the concept of love at first sight but Yori really gets into it quickly. Otherwise I loved it, it was really sweet and heart-warming. I liked that the story happens around music, it is very well suited. I can’t wait to read the next volume. I hope everything goes well between the two but I fear one of them is going to get her heart broken. I recommend it to everyone who loves manga and romance.

4.5/5

Thanks to Netgalley for this eArc in exchange of my honest opinion.

__bookishchimmin__'s review against another edition

Whisper Me A Love Song is about Himari and Yori, two high school girls who catch feelings for each other. Himari is a freshman, while Yori is in the third year. Himari is a cute, bubbly and expressive girl who falls for Yori. And on the other hand, Yori is shy, who is holding herself to not express her love for Himari. They met for the first time in the first day of school, Yori was singing in a band as part of a welcome assembly. After that performance, Himari tells Yori she's fallen in love at first sight, and Yori confesses that she has as well! But when Himari realizes that she and Yori are feeling two different kinds of love, she begins to ask herself what "love" really means.

So it's a cute love story of mistaken communications. I requested this from netgalley because the cover looks super cute. The story is just as cute, made my heart flutter. and I really enjoyed reading it. Ahhh...So much cute fluff! The art style is adorable. I need volume 2! I need to see where this goes!

nessas_lair's review against another edition

Ok so first of all… AHHHHHH MY HEART. Thank you so much Netgalley for the eARC but AHHHH MY HEART. Ugh the smoulder and the senpai just ugh MY HEART DIED. Add in Himari and my heart just freaking EXPLODED. This manga is SO CUTE! Himari is very much just WHAM in your face but she is so CUTE and bubbly and that part with the head pat I literally melted into a puddle. I NEED VOLUME 2 RIGHT NOW. This is basically like a ‘bruh’ girl paired with a ‘uwu’ girl times a million and I am so totally here for it.

littledollreads's review against another edition

ARC provided by NetGalley

Quick Thoughts:

-This was adorable, complete fluff, and all-around feel-good.
-I believe that this is the first yuri manga that I have read and it was a great introduction to the genre.
-While this was really fun to read it never really caught my attention. This is usually the kind of book I breeze through in one or two sittings right after I got it but with this book, it took me longer to get through.
- There is nothing I have any serious criticisms about for this book but there was nothing that really grabbed me and make me want to pick up the next volume.
-I'm sure that there are others who will get more out of this than me and I think that they will love this book.