Broken Prince, by Erin Watt

sentranced's review against another edition

elyse12's review against another edition

Nothing happened. Not. A. Single. Thing.

The way the last book ended, I thought it was going to go into some awesome plot. No. The whole book is just Reed begging Ella to come back to him. That's literally it. The last 20% is when it actually picked up. I was this close to not wanting to pick up Twisted Palace. But t ended with another cliff-hanger and I couldn't just drop it now. I could not!

SpoilerI love the part where Ella beats the crap out of Jordan. Damn, that was awesome. And when Reed was so proud, it made me proud too.

Now I just have to finish the series. Only one more book left anyway.

gmanpreet03's review against another edition

4 STARS!!

maegan_kk's review against another edition

Nothing happened and I was bored.

This had a paper thin plot. It’s literally a 300+ pages lovers quarrel.

Cue Ella lying to herself, Reed and the reader (unsuccessfully).

Reed making it clear that he’s a pretty face with no substance with his boring POVs.

Bullying, blackmail and the general feeling that in that high school they don't do anything except walk around the corridors threatening their less preppy classmates.

Secondary characters (namely Easton, Val and Wade) with more charisma than the main characters.

I wasn’t even impressed with that cliffhanger….

paperbackstash's review against another edition

“I’ve spend the last couple of years trying to destroy everything around me. Who knew success would taste so bitter.”

That cliffhanger - yikes!

Continuing a weird trend where a book has a lot of flaws and things that irritate me but some kind of supernatural reading glue that keeps my face basically sucked into the pages until the book is over (really, it is weird), Broken Prince brings forth the angst from the first but finally waves aside some of the back and forth romance stuff and gives me a breather. Sort-of.

In the first book seeing the main character have to adapt to a hostile rich school, new home, and demented 'brothers' was interesting enough. To keep the flow going in this one since all that has been done and is over with, it now focuses on Ella's too-dependant emotions for the love of her life, I guess, Reed. At least I didn't have to gnash my teeth anymore at high school bullies I wanted to punch in the face, but now that's exchanged for a little bit of teenage romance angst. Fun times? Sometimes.

I dig the brotherly bond toward Ella now and am glad we got the antagonism out of the way, where the group is now tied against the rest of the world, and still the father comes across as a strange, screwed up figure I can't figure out. Having a shift of point of view was kind of hard to take now, since a lot of the story was told through Reed's POV, and that can be uneven if not carefully done.

The weird Brooke and baby stuff is like a soap opera, which is probably why these are so hard to put down, even if they have painful tropes that make me cringe guilty at the same time. I can't understand her acceptance of the violence the boys indulge in with the after-hours fighting stuff - that would be a turn-off killer for me, but whatevs.

It's cheesy and its silly, but its passable for an addictive YA soap opera. That cliffhanger is again brutal though. It's like an episode of Days of Our lives that cuts off for a season finale cliffhanger.
I didn't actually watch soap operas though, I swear! Who needs them when we have books like these and Harlequins?

danerysss's review

Review in one sentence:

All hail Reed the Destroyer.

Full review:

3/5⭐️

Well, that was. Idk what to say. That ending, man. I was a little bit spoiled for some things that happen at the end, but I’m still reeling. Erin Watt is literally the queen of cliffhangers. That’s two in a row there. (Y’all know what I mean if you’ve read Paper Princess.) Aaanyways, yeah. That was a fun ride.

The plot: 3/5⭐️
It’s honestly kind of hilarious, because the plot of this series is extremely unrealistic, and it’s pretty much just an excuse for some random girl to be able to be part of a drama-filled family while making it so that she’s not related to any of them so she can date them and it wouldn’t be incest. Otherwise it’s just filled with high school drama and some really weird family shit that I guess now involves murder?? Idk man, this is starting to seem like Riverdale. So as you can see, the plot is pretty darn ridiculous. In this book, though, not much happens until the very end, where a ton of stuff happens. Pretty much the entire plot is Reed trying to get Ella back, Ella and Val hanging out, and Jordan being a bitch. Yep, that’s pretty much it.

The characters: 4/5⭐️
Every single character in this book is fucked up in their own way. Some characters in multiple different ways. That makes for interesting, complicated characters, but not necessarily characters you can root for. Throughout the entire book I kept changing my mind about who I liked and who I didn’t. The characters in this book can’t even act OOC, because I feel like nothing would be too crazy for them to do, and it seems like they all have multiple personalities, especially when they’re pissed off. Except for Ella, because Ella’s, well.... she pretty much has the personality of paper. (ahahaha see what I did there). Sometimes she shows some spark, but her general character is just incredibly boring and bland. I don’t really see why Reed loves her so much tbh. But she could definitely be worse. She’s actually not that bad. Speaking of Reed, though..... he’s hot. He’s definitely very hot, with both his looks and personality. BUT he isn’t my favorite. My favorite is the one and only

punipoli's review against another edition

too much drama..the plot went down in this book..i enjoyed the first one a lot though, but in this one just the end was good..

ahayes's review against another edition

Another solid book in the Royals series. Still loving all the characters that have redeeming qualities and hating the despicable characters. Love How Callum is finally being a father and taking charge. Can't wait to see what happens next after that hellish cliffhanger!

clari987's review against another edition

I love this Book, it‘s amazing

charminglyfearless's review against another edition

OH MY GOD