Reviews tagging Gun violence

The Invisible Library, by Genevieve Cogman

dcheers's review

adventurous mysterious fast-paced

An enjoyable enough read, I liked the premise, the world building, and the characters to an extent, however I found some of the character dialogue, decision making, and descriptions a bit jarring and overly romantisized and out of place.

Though it wasn't a complete page turner, I am still looking forward to seeing what is next for the characters and continuing on in the series!

columnclub's review against another edition

adventurous mysterious fast-paced

3.5 stars, or maybe a little above. I reread it since I have the next one in the series, and it was as intriguing but messy as I remembered -- there's always so much going on, and there are so many wider groups/forces at play that it wouldn't be possible to develop them all sufficiently. That being said, it's a lot of fun! The characters are likeable (though I kind of wish Irene hadn't programmed herself to be so allergic to feeling or reacting to anything; I actually found Bradamant more entertaining). I'm curious to see if the later series adds depth and clarity to what's already there, or if it's zany fast-paced antics all the way down.