Reviews tagging Confinement

abutler's review

dark medium-paced

bookcrushin's review

dark mysterious tense fast-paced

This book will mess with your head a bit especially with the unreliable narrator. I loved it and I expect to see it on all your fall dark gothic lists!

strawbeb's review

dark emotional mysterious reflective tense slow-paced

I just finished it a few minutes ago and that was….. what a journey. It is definitely for those craving a horror, dark academia, lesbian, boarding school tale. The writing was beautiful to read and the characters were interesting to know. I especially love love loved all the parallels, especially at the end of the book. A great read.

melaniereadsbooks's review against another edition

challenging dark mysterious tense medium-paced

Thank you to Delacorte Press and Netgalley for an e-arc of this book!

When Felicity comes back to Dalloway School after a stay in a mental hospital following her girlfriend's death, she is meant to focus on her studies and stay away from witchcraft. But Ellis Haley is in her dorm, and all of the girls are drawn to her, including Felicity.  Ellis decides to teach Felicity that witchcraft isn't real by...making them dabble in witchcraft. All the while, Felicity is sure she is being haunted by her ex-girlfriend's ghost...or at least by the ghost of the founders of Dalloway school.

This book! Oh my goodness it was amazing. So so dark and mysterious and everything I wanted it to be.  Felicity is such an unreliable narrator and that makes it so you never truly know what will be revealed. I was on the edge of my seat through the whole thing and couldn't wait to see what happened next. I couldn't believe how this story ended, but I loved every minute I spent reading it!

Pub date: August 3, 2021