Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows, by Balli Kaur Jaswal

pepperonips's review against another edition

4.5* equal parts sad and exciting

alltyedup's review against another edition

Loved this book! Mysterious, Sexy, Humorous...what more could you want? It's a good combination of romance and erotica but that is not the entirety of this book and I love that. The topics of grief, justice, tradition and more are all woven in and this really is a fun read, I didn't want to put it down. Definitely has this British humor as well. Fully recommend.

toberomanced's review against another edition

emotional funny inspiring mysterious reflective medium-paced

An erotic and entertaining murder mystery. I highly highly recommend!

thelifeofbookishmartha's review against another edition

I laughed so hard I cried. This book is so cute and fun. I can only imagine what the Punjabi widows would do with 50 shades of grey!

You learn so much about the Indian culture and how they perceive widows. These woman need an outlet and Nikki needs them to help her come out of her funk. A simple learning to read and write class turns into an erotic storytelling hour and they write down their creative stories.

You find yourself rooting for the woman and then also helping to find what really happened to a girl in the community that no one really talks about.

This book will have you laughing and it will have you crying. Just pick it up and find out about the widows of Punjabi.

Rating 4 stars.

hmonkeyreads's review against another edition

Enjoyed reading about the Punjabi culture and the widows at the community center class (I’m a real sucker for any kind of story involving an evening class with quirky characters) but the plot line of the erotic stories was pretty over the top. I also found the window’s stories distracting from the main part of the novel - I know it sounds ridiculous to say this when the title has “erotic stories” right at the start, but I wasn’t actually expecting it to be filled with erotic stories! LOL

eairwin's review against another edition

The title is not misleading, but the book has much more depth than the title might suggest. A large cast of characters and several threads to follow. However, easily worth it for the POVs they bring.

maliffi's review against another edition

This book was really funny and heartwarming.

jess_mccoy's review against another edition

Cute, light, fun read.

cupcakes_and_coffee's review against another edition

The author had me at the title! How can you walk by and not give it a try? I found the story so funny. I don’t know why I didn’t actually expect it to contain erotic stories... but yeah... it does. Loved the veggie names and the versatility of ghee. I’m still snickering to myself as I write this. There were also touches on some heavier topics and cultural attitudes. Fun, summer read. The story was unique and I enjoyed that it was different than anything else I’ve picked up lately!

ella_batt's review against another edition

dark funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced