Reviews tagging Panic attacks/disorders

Get a Life, Chloe Brown, by Talia Hibbert

agnesbebon's review against another edition

I loved this book. Talia Hibbert does an amazing job depicting chronic pain and illness, and as someone who suffers from chronic pain, it felt so beautiful to read a romance I could relate to. I think Talia Hibbert absolutely treated the issue, the characters, and the readers gently.

I adored Chloe and Red. The banter was amazing, I died for the emails. I loved the way Chloe was a plus size MC without talking heavily about her weight or insecurities surrounding it. Very excited to continue the series.

bansheebooks's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

I can totally see why a ton of people love this. It's a very wholesome romance that I think is just supposed to make the reader feel good. The characters are all good people who want the best for each other. There was nothing 'wrong' with the plot or characters.

It's not perfect for me because it didn't emotionally hit me like it has for others but definitely a good book with no glaring issues.

Also the way it handles abuse and shitty partners is very good. I don't or am not close with anyone with a chronic illness but I can imagine how much Chloe meant to a lot of readers who can relate to her on that front.

The audiobook narrator did not match well with the tone of this book however.

stardust_heidi's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

This book is like cuddling up with a soft, fluffy blanket —if the blanket were filled with sharp, witty humor, precious endearments, and some sexy pining.
The first time I read this, I listened to the audiobook -- this time I wanted to mark every ridiculously delightful sentence, but alas. I didn't have my page markers handy.
The chronic illness rep is amazing: as someone who is able bodied and also works in physical therapy, it really shone a eye-opening light onto a life of someone who lives with chronic illness and how much of a roller coaster it actually is.
Red and Chloe -- UGH. I LOVE THEM. I just love them.
SpoilerI often wish romance books didn't need to have that one defining moment of conflict, because after a while, the reasons get quite predictable. (And is it so bad to want the two to just be happy together?) However, both Chloe and Red have their own traumas and shit that goes real deep, and I think Talia Hibbert did a great job at showing them at points of panic and past lies rushing in -- and then healing. It wasn't an immediate apology and acceptance, and BOTH of them had to step back for a few days to realign their heads. Imo, it's done really well -- it's at least satisfying to me, but I'm easy to please, lmao. And in the end, conflict helps create character growth and depth to a story, and a life with only rainbows isn't reality.

kunma's review against another edition

adventurous challenging emotional hopeful inspiring lighthearted reflective medium-paced

What can I say? Best romance I've read in a while

lisakate1126's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted fast-paced

I loved this book SO much! It was cute and a little spicy and had a disabled black woman as the main character (love the representation!). I think that Chloe’s disability was handled well in that it showed how much it affects her everyday life and also how she doesn’t necessarily want it to define her. The book is predictable, but it made me happy! I can’t wait to read the rest of the series and more by this author!

dania_'s review against another edition

emotional funny fast-paced

unwise_samwise's review against another edition

emotional funny inspiring fast-paced

ale_rodriquez's review against another edition

funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

crieraylas's review

lighthearted fast-paced

kaleidoscopeyss's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted reflective fast-paced

This book is so precious and passionate. It’s definitely now a comfort read. I cried, laughed, blushed, and felt all the feels with this book. I loved it so so much! It was so good. Red and Chloe’s or ‘button’ (if you will) relationship was so cute and the characters were so loveable. I loved it and I highly recommend whoever reads this review to read the book.