Ark by Veronica Roth

tsquare345's review against another edition

Super quick read. This has been on my TBR list since it was released in 2019. We all know death is inevitable. What would you do if you knew the date of your death? Would you change anything? I think that not knowing is the greatest gift.

writingmaf's review against another edition

dark emotional hopeful mysterious sad tense fast-paced

fedak's review against another edition

Reasonable rendition of the increasingly tired 'end of days due to an impending asteroid impact' trope. No new ground broken here but worth the short read.

gayathiri_rajendran's review against another edition

A sad and bleak short story which is a part of the Forward Collection.

This story is about a group of people who are evacuating Earth after learning that an asteroid is about to destroy the planet. Scientists are busy collecting various samples of Flora and Fauna to take with them to the new planet on which they plan to settle. This story follows a woman Samantha,who is in charge of cataloging plants according to their species.She gets acquainted with Hagen,a scientist who decided to stay back instead of leaving in a pod.

The story follows the budding interactions between them and how it influences Samantha to make her final decision. It would have been better if the story was a bit longer. The melancholic feeling remains throughout the story which makes it very quiet and vignette like. It's not badly written but there is no push and pull.

alex_bryner's review against another edition

emotional hopeful reflective slow-paced

2/14/24
Ark (2019)
Forward Collection, #1
Veronica Roth
Ark was a story that had great potential and an interesting main character. I think that it would have been more interesting if it had been longer, as opposed to a short story. I believe that this would have allowed for a more fully constructed plot, a conclusion to the story, and an opportunity to change the pacing, which was fairly slow considering the length of the story. In my opinion, Ark was an interesting concept that was limited by its page count.
3.5/5

nuttytwitchy22's review

So good!

Was a very heartwarming and bittersweet story. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this! Can't wait to read the other amazon short stories!

paper_bound's review against another edition

Fine story. Nothing magical or life changing but a solid short story that feels complete in itself.

ahuffines's review against another edition

adventurous medium-paced

pewterwolf's review against another edition

DNF at 19%. Sorry - not in right headspace. I do have Veronica’s collection of short stories to read so maybe will try that collection soon.

littleroseygirl's review against another edition

Stumbled upon this audiobook series. I like this start to it!