The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz

sbermudezfinn's review

This book was recommended by a friend. Four items that should be applied in life all the time.

nickwhite's review

hopeful informative inspiring lighthearted reflective relaxing fast-paced

bookedbaby's review against another edition

I’ve had this on my physical TBR for YEARS.

I honestly think I would have liked it more if I actually read it back when I first got it because I was obsessed with Alexis Ren and Jay Alvarez and this was like their bible. I mean I totally get the concept and a lot of it made sense but the writing was so so repetitive. It was frustrating how many times you would see the same word in just one chapter. I liked the advice and the four agreements themselves but I really couldn’t give it more than 2 stars.

augari's review

informative reflective fast-paced

definitely a new (almost fantastical) perspective to see the world and your place in it. some takes were delivered quite preachy (you cannot avoid religious undertones in the genre), but i can appreciate the overarching theme & message. personally thought provoking! i will be journalling about this.

graceblackink's review

hopeful informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

brennahrose's review against another edition

reflective fast-paced

babbler1202's review

emotional informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

This book had some useful insights. I think that it would work very well for people who need those types of insights. However I feel that I am in a stage of life(And perhaps it is due my privilege of having a loving support system, a stable life that is fulfilling, and a low amount of drama) where a lot of that is common sense. But I do know there are many people who could benefit from these ideas. Another issue I found hard to get past was the heavy hand of religion included. Actually, the religion was pretty lightly sprinkled but ANY religion is going to be too much for me. So, all the connections that the author made to God and Christianity and western spirituality were off-putting. Still, I'm glad I gave this a read. It was certainly easy to breeze through. And I do feel like there were some nuggets of value to be included. I did enjoy the actual four agreements portion of the book. And I will be using what I learned.

sim3873's review

informative medium-paced

raquely's review against another edition

inspiring lighthearted reflective fast-paced