marciajhamm's review

informative inspiring slow-paced

hayleyjb's review

informative inspiring fast-paced

bootman's review

I’m the father of a 13-year-old son, and sometimes I sit back and think about how if he became a conspiracy theorist or got sucked into a cult or MLM, I’d feel like I failed as a parent because I didn’t teach him how to think critically. If you think about this as well or just want to make sure your kid doesn’t fall for misinformation, get this book from Julie Bogart. I read a ton of books on critical thinking, biases, and thinking errors, and this book is perfect for coming up with ways to help kids think better. Bogart fills the book with practices and exercises, and best of all, it reminds the reader that even though you’re the adult, you have your own thinking to take care of as well. This is a fantastic book, and I hope every parent and teacher reading this review grabs a copy.

deepcurvesahead's review

challenging informative fast-paced

katieproctorbooks's review

An EXCELLENT resources for parents and teachers alike!

lbesich's review

Easily one of the top 3 books I’ve read this year, and I’m terribly sad it’s over. In all my years of teaching and learning, I’ve never had critical thinking explicitly laid out and explained to me so clearly. I wish this book was around when I was a classroom teacher-it would have dramatically altered the way I approach teaching. Upon finishing the audiobook from my library, I purchased a copy for reference as I embark on my own critical thinking journey. I cannot teach my children to think critically if I don’t practice it myself.

ex_hardesty's review

informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

ketbartlett's review

4.5 stars rounded up. This is not my usual genre and it took me a long time to get through it. But there were some chapters and ideas that I read voraciously. I loved the ideas and activities presented although most were not applicable to my very young children yet. However, I can see this book impacting how I think and how I raise my children.

jennkrenn's review

Brilliantly written — a book I will return to again and again! It was helpful not only for learning ways to guide my children to become critical thinkers, but also for learning ways I can improve my own ways of reflection and understanding. Julie will give you the “courage to change your mind.”

rjskitt's review