Redemptor, by Jordan Ifueko

rheabasra's review against another edition

adventurous emotional hopeful inspiring reflective medium-paced

This was one of the most beautiful books that I’ve ever read. I will never be over this series.

melrailey's review against another edition

dark emotional fast-paced

rebooka17's review against another edition

adventurous emotional fast-paced

bookxmagic's review against another edition

adventurous slow-paced

elinightingale's review against another edition

slow-paced

nataliedc's review against another edition

adventurous emotional hopeful inspiring medium-paced

Everything I could've hoped for in a sequel to one of my most anticipated fantasy series of the year. From the beloved characters - new and old - to the adventurous plotline to the heartfelt message at this series's core, this novel never fails in its continuation of one of the best fantasy series I've read in a long time nor in its mission to inspire hope in its young readers whose voices have never before been heard. While I desperately wished this was a trilogy and that we could see more of these absolutely lovely characters (I swear, my favorite parts of this book was just when we got to spend time with Tarisai, Dayo, Sanjeet and the rest of the OG cast), I'm so happy that this book is able to stand on equal footing with its predecessor and satisfyingly conclude Tarisai's story. The Raybearer series is everything I've ever looked for in a book series and I hope that I can one day write something as beautiful, inspiring and full of unabashed love as Ifueko has.

brandylyons's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional hopeful informative inspiring mysterious reflective sad tense medium-paced

I consumed this book as if it was the air I needed to continue living. I hate that it’s over but oh my god, it was so wonderful. It was a rich tapestry of a story, with layers and colors….I think I need to read both books a few more times. I know there are nuances I missed and stories I need to take in more fully. I just….loved it.

leahta11's review against another edition

4.5 stars
Raybearer was one of my favorite reads in 2020 and I was chomping at the bit for Redemptor. This book picks up right where Raybearer left off as Tarisai is tasked with uniting the empire and righting the wrongs of prior generations. She struggles with the realities of that task, how she can accomplish her goal to bring justices for all of the widespread oppression, and just generally how to be a good person, leader, and empress.

"Your life should not be a means to an end. No human being should be reduced to a function. The day we do that - it's the beginning of the end."

I absolutely love this world and Jordan Ifueko continues to deliver fantastic and beautiful world building. It did take me a little bit to get back into the story. This was probably due to the fact that I didn't refresh myself on the exact plot details of Raybearer. I feel like this duology would be best consumed back-to-back and I fully plan on doing so on the re-read.

Highly recommend this series.

puttingwingsonwords's review against another edition

adventurous emotional hopeful fast-paced

stephjohnson81's review against another edition

adventurous dark hopeful inspiring mysterious medium-paced