Redemptor, by Jordan Ifueko

alexandramue's review against another edition

adventurous inspiring fast-paced

jamachia25's review against another edition

adventurous emotional informative inspiring fast-paced

Sadly this book suffered because of its rushed publishing. The details that were so loved in the first book did not transcend into the second book.

emilyxclark's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional mysterious reflective medium-paced

breading_books's review against another edition

adventurous challenging emotional mysterious fast-paced

thebookishmusician's review against another edition

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5/5

This book was everything I wanted and more to conclude the Raybearer duology. The detailed world building, rich culture, and unique magic system totally sucked me in yet again. There were several characters that I kept changing my mind about throughout the book—do I love them, or do I hate them?

msbethanyh's review against another edition

adventurous emotional inspiring

lumos_20's review

I think I want to give this book 2.75 stars. I had great expectations after finishing Raybearer especially because of Tarisai's adventure in the Underworld, but I must admit I was slightly disappointed. The writing was great but plot wise, I think Redemptor could have been a lot more. Most of the book was focused on Tarisai anointing her council but we never truly got to know anyone among the 12 rulers. I loved how we got to discover more on queen Min Ja and I wish a spin-off could be written on her but apart from her and Zuri, we really did not get to know the characters more and her original council sibling were just a bit forgotten in the background. Especially it took her so long to anoint the first council member, almost half a book only to have the rest done in a matter of a couple of chapters. I sort of had the same feeling with the rest Tarisai's journey. So much was dedicated to the anointing and only 100 pages to her actual journey. I understand that background was needed, especially since it is quite an emotional growth Tarisai goes through, but it felt a bit rushed. Either way, I do think Tarisai is a great and contemporary example in her feelings towards justice and battle for it. Her growth in how she relates and fights for justice is really admirable and I liked the conclusion it came to. Very proud of her for it and glad she realized she was not alone. I hope the new Aritsar can be exactly how she imagined it. So much more to discover in this beautiful and varied world that the author gifted us. Lastly, I do have to underline how contemporary and inclusive it felt. Open discussions about oppression, asexuality and power were taking place throughout the whole book, making some very true and interesting points.

3vannelsonrose's review against another edition

adventurous emotional medium-paced

sydneyrbutler30's review against another edition

adventurous emotional hopeful inspiring tense fast-paced

scoutabout's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional hopeful inspiring tense medium-paced