Darkdawn, by Jay Kristoff

readeraven's review against another edition

don't get me wrong, I really liked Nevernight and I LOVED Godsgrave but... am I the only one who thought this book dragged on? maybe it was due to high expectacions but I struggled to finish this book.

anxiouspanda's review against another edition

Tears. Ugly tears.

elizabeth_the_cursed's review against another edition

First, this series is not a YA series. Very, VERY much not...thank the goddess for that.

Second, If curse words offend you, read no further and don’t pick up this . You won’t like it.

Lastly, but most importantly, this book felt like a very long goodbye to characters I had grown attached to.
Mia, that bitch with a heart of gold, will forever be one of my favorite characters ever. And though we have only met him in this book, her brother, Jonnen is also one of those unforgettable characters as well. More so towards the end...
Maybe I just take a liking to witty little shits, being the mother of two myself.
This story takes you on a winding adventure of epic shit storm proportions and spits you out, bloody, crying and in awe of the way it all resolved itself.
I grieve for the fact that it is over, but I am so very glad that I had to chance to know Mia, if only through ink on pages put there by an author who uses fooooocking footnotes*.

*for the record, the footnotes are some of the best parts!

brianzangel13's review against another edition

I went from not really liking how these were written to absolutely loving it! the whole series it a great read if you can get past the style.

shellbean's review

adventurous dark emotional funny sad tense fast-paced

smoody's review against another edition

That was bloody awesome. I can't decide whether I love or hate the author for putting me through this!

the_reading_devices's review against another edition

Thank you Jay Kristoff for raising my expectations for any book I will ever read in the future. Absolute perfection.

punipoli's review against another edition

Sin palabras..

iwouldtrustmylifetohagrid's review against another edition

4.5 ⭐️

“Goodnight, gentlefriend. Goodnight. Never flinch. Never fear. And never, ever forget.”

Este libro me costó más terminarlo, que los pasados.
Me gustó el rumbo que tomó la historia, y claramente no me lo esperaba. Sin embargo, el desarrollo de todo se me hizo lento.
El final fue bueno, me gustó cómo Jay terminó con la historia de Mía. Y con el resto de los personajes que quedaron.
Mia correré será una de mis personajes femeninas favoritas por siempre.

camillacampana's review

adventurous dark mysterious tense fast-paced