NOS4A2, by Joe Hill

raven_morgan's review against another edition

This is the first Joe Hill I've read (as opposed to bought, and then left languishing on my shelves - too many books to read, as always) and I am impressed.

Some truly creepy stuff, great characters, and some absolutely drop-dead gorgeous writing.

Suffice to say, I'll be reading those books on my shelf now.

nickkimball's review against another edition

4.5 ⭐️!

amandaegle's review against another edition

Watch The Marvelous Reading Room's review and discussion here:

miszmuis's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional mysterious sad tense slow-paced

books_nooks_spooks's review against another edition

This book just sounded so dark and horrifying to me so of course, I had to read it! Although he is not a main character, I thought Bing Partridge was a brilliantly written, disgusting little creeper and even though he was vile, he was a great addition to the story. I also loved the idea of breathing life into the psychic concept and using it to create this tangible, mysterious dimension. I think the author has an easy to read writing style but despite this book being 600+ pages long, I feel that not a lot actually happened and it seemed repetitive at times. The things I wanted to go deeper into, the surface was just grazed. As for Vic McQueen, I did not like her! She was incredibly obnoxious and selfish. I wanted more Christmasland/children/Manx instead of her. I will admit aswell that although I tried not too, I couldn’t help but compare Manx to James Mason as Straker in Salem’s lot!

snowdiva121's review against another edition

This book is so good!! I could barely put it down. Stephen King's son really knows how to write a great book and keep you on the edge of your seat. If you like a fast paced book with some suspense and horror mixed in, this is the book for you!

c0urtneyscz's review against another edition

Got verryyyy slow in the middle/last third of the book. Vic was kind of annoying as well lol but I still liked it enough.

sianami's review against another edition

As with Heart Shaped Box, scarier when the characters are dealing with the lead up to/aftermath of the horror rather than the actual horror scenes themselves. Great characterisation.

booksndoggos's review against another edition

adventurous dark tense slow-paced

b_barnes's review against another edition

adventurous challenging emotional mysterious tense medium-paced