Reviews for Every Tool's a Hammer: Life Is What You Make It, by Adam Savage

mlava's review

informative inspiring medium-paced

meagangrace's review

informative inspiring medium-paced

I enjoyed this book. Just wanted to say that there are a few brief moments that injuries are described so if that is a trigger for anyone I just wanted to give a warning. It didn't have a content warning section for injuries so I marked it as gore.

arm167's review

funny hopeful informative inspiring lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

grimamethyst's review

adventurous funny informative inspiring reflective fast-paced

sarahlf's review

Like many people, I loved watching Mythbusters not only for the busted myths but also to see what contraptions they built each week to test them.

Every Tool's a Hammer is an insight into Adam Savage's mind and creative process - one that I found fascinating as a maker myself. In fact, it was quite cathartic to be told by a professional maker of things that my thoughts, obsessions, projects, tests, and even failures are a good thing and that I should keep going. We all need that reassurance sometimes.

With advice that easily translates from making to living life, I think this is a fantastic book for creatives who can sometimes get lost in their own heads (me) as well as anyone who would like a glimpse into the world of making.

montyskid's review

I didn't know what this was going to be going in but I ended up loving it. I'm not a Maker but I wanted to read it because it's Adam Savage. He says a lot that goes beyond being a Maker. I really loved this book

sans's review

Hard to quantify what this book is but I loved every second of it.

jessiel's review

informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

obviousthings's review

funny informative inspiring lighthearted reflective fast-paced

mynamerhymes's review

I was a big Mythbusters fan and really enjoyed that Adam Savage read the audiobook here. It's a good mix of stories about making stuff, life advice, and practical tips. Great for people who are really passionate about their projects. But I'm not sure if this one will really stick with me, since I'm not regularly making things. If you do, you'll probably enjoy this even more.