Reviews for Every Tool's a Hammer: Life Is What You Make It, by Adam Savage

meloanpmc's review

informative lighthearted medium-paced

mindgonemad's review

funny informative inspiring fast-paced

I loved this book, I saw so much of myself in it that I didn’t even realise existed. I also realised I should have embraced those things rather than trying to shelf and/or hide them. For me it was such a brilliant.
It was a touch slow in some of the earlier parts by rush through it if you can, it was so worth it.

mlava's review

informative inspiring medium-paced

meagangrace's review

informative inspiring medium-paced

I enjoyed this book. Just wanted to say that there are a few brief moments that injuries are described so if that is a trigger for anyone I just wanted to give a warning. It didn't have a content warning section for injuries so I marked it as gore.

arm167's review

funny hopeful informative inspiring lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

grimamethyst's review

adventurous funny informative inspiring reflective fast-paced

sarahlf's review

Like many people, I loved watching Mythbusters not only for the busted myths but also to see what contraptions they built each week to test them.

Every Tool's a Hammer is an insight into Adam Savage's mind and creative process - one that I found fascinating as a maker myself. In fact, it was quite cathartic to be told by a professional maker of things that my thoughts, obsessions, projects, tests, and even failures are a good thing and that I should keep going. We all need that reassurance sometimes.

With advice that easily translates from making to living life, I think this is a fantastic book for creatives who can sometimes get lost in their own heads (me) as well as anyone who would like a glimpse into the world of making.

montyskid's review

I didn't know what this was going to be going in but I ended up loving it. I'm not a Maker but I wanted to read it because it's Adam Savage. He says a lot that goes beyond being a Maker. I really loved this book

sans's review

Hard to quantify what this book is but I loved every second of it.

jessiel's review