abby_summer's review

informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

Really informative, well thought through and fascinating book. As title suggests, this book is all about boundaries. What they are, when and how to set. I particularly enjoyed the call to 'Take action' section and have highlighted a lot! If you want a book about boundaries, this is it!

felicitastraeumer's review

hopeful informative reflective medium-paced

This should be your go-to if you struggle setting boundaries or want to take your skills to the next level. It is beautifully easy to read and you get your lessons in bite-sized chunks. There are exercises at the end of most chapters, which I often find interrupts flow, but this was not the case here. In fact, it‘s one of the few books of which I did the exercises straight away.

To say I learnt a lot would be a massive understatement. Get your pen(cil) and highlighters out and buckle up for your journey into boundary heaven.

ktns12's review

informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

catherinemcfall's review

informative reflective fast-paced

Loads of helpful examples about setting boundaries in a clear and practical way. I think I was decent at doing some of this but now have the language to bring boundaries into other friendships and work experiences too.

booksandbodylib's review

challenging emotional funny hopeful informative inspiring lighthearted reflective fast-paced

Honestly, my personal obsession with the author of this book may be biasing my opinion, but regardless, this book was a really solid and enjoyable read. Michelle Elman, or @scarrednotscared on Instagram, TikTok, and elsewhere on the interwebs, is just a true gem of a human and a joy to pretend to be friends with. She is also someone who I learn alot from on a daily basis through her Insta posts and stories, so when she announced a new book on boundaries I immediately preordered it, even thought it was only available at the time in the UK. Granted, the writing is not like scholar level, but poop on that arbritrary standard. I love having all of Michelle's wisdom on boundaries in one place, and this book also includes tons of practical advice and tips for applying boundaries in your own life. If you're a people pleaser or have trouble saying no, you will absolutely benefit from this book.

emmam29b67's review

challenging hopeful informative inspiring medium-paced

reneeclaireblog's review

challenging hopeful informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

Wow, this book is amazing! As someone who has already been working on my boundaries, I found myself relating to the stories shared, being reminded of things I learned in therapy, and learning so many new things. There are so many helpful tips and examples in this book, I will definitely be hanging onto it as a reference.

kasiaslibrary's review

informative inspiring medium-paced

runwildalice's review

challenging hopeful informative inspiring medium-paced

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It gave practical solutions and examples of how to set boundaries in my own life whilst combating any doubts I might have about actually doing it. I am looking forward to putting my learning into practise.

keisha13's review

challenging informative inspiring reflective medium-paced