chachized's review

This book is a compilation of issues 1-19. Started off rough but an interesting plot is starting to peak its head. At times the character dialogue was so bad I had to put it down and take some time. Almost four months later, here are my ratings for parts of the series:
1-3 ☆☆
15-19 ☆☆☆

agkennedy's review

dark mysterious tense fast-paced

bengriffin's review

I'm glad I started with this collected edition of 100 Bullets as it gives you a much better introduction than just the single volumes. The short stories of revenge are fascinating and very well told, but it really comes alive when you start to see how they all weave together and get a glimpse of something bigger. Highly intriguing and I will definitely be reading more.

sai_deschain's review

The first time I read 100 Bullets I thought it was more like a noir anthology of stories and that it was great. And then it went into conspiranoia, and became even greater

kevinwkelsey's review

This is such a great concept, with kind of a cringy execution in my opinion.

The visual storytelling is wonderful. Pane-to-pane there is a lot happening that is easily missed if you're not paying much attention. But the dialogue, especially for black and latinx characters is handled so poorly, and all of the female characters are insanely male-gazy. I get that this is twenty years old now, and has to be seen through that lens, but it's still pretty disappointing.

But, wow, this story and concept is so insanely good that I have to keep reading. It's mostly an anthology with loose threads connecting each story, but those threads are tightening and depending on how this laces us, it could be an absolute classic.

francomega's review

This has been on my reading list forever. Despite that, I didn't really know what it was about. Shooting, I guessed. At least a finite amount of it. Anyway, one deluxe edition in and I still don't really know the big story. It starts off as an anthology of random people being offered a chance at retribution-free revenge by a mysterious Agent Graves. Of course, their stories slowly connect around a covert government organization called the Minutemen. And that's where I am. The artwork is pretty good, but the writing feels slightly dated, slightly 90s.

anaulin's review