Bad Feminist, by Roxane Gay

natyama's review against another edition

It's okay

jaqofmosttrades's review against another edition

I couldn’t get into the Scrabble or book reviews, but the rest of this is

cytipton's review against another edition

challenging informative medium-paced

laphenix's review against another edition

Phenomenal! Powerful, humourous, provocative and heartbreaking. Dr. Gay's objectivity, humanity, and recognition of the dichotomy in which we live let one breathe a breath of relief. Through her insightful critques and anecdotes, rich and raw, she opens up a great platform for discussion and growth.

lex_c's review against another edition

challenging emotional hopeful informative inspiring medium-paced

barbie16's review against another edition

I love Roxane Gay. I haven't read all her books yet but plan to read Hunger this year and read Difficult Woman a couple years back. I was fortunate enough to hear her speak at a library conference in 2017. She's fascinating and her writing is top notch. This book is no different. The only reason I didn't give this book a higher mark was because some of the topics and pop culture references I wasn't interested in so I didn't thoroughly read every chapter. However, I really enjoyed her take on politics and gender section - her chapter on the female body was 100% on point.

Looking forward to reading more of Ms Gay's writings.

chelseamartinez's review against another edition

In this era of my life where I live far from friends and family to talk to with familiarity and candor, in person, reading a book of essays by a thoughtful, compassionate person willing to acknowledge their flaws but not backing away from their positions because of them, while walking around the lake across from my basement AirBnB is the best consolation prize.

witchystitches's review against another edition

informative slow-paced

robingreene's review against another edition

I think this would have been profound and insightful had I read it in 2014. Nowadays everyone is too woke and the ideas in this book aren’t new. I’m interested in her thoughts today after all that’s happened since 2016. Her essays on race were the most interesting by far

croma's review against another edition

funny reflective medium-paced