Phoenix Flame, by Sara Holland

adventurous lighthearted tense medium-paced

smallbob22's review

adventurous hopeful medium-paced

suzannah's review

adventurous dark emotional tense fast-paced

ingereyoung's review

adventurous mysterious tense fast-paced

ikbenmerel's review

adventurous mysterious tense fast-paced

Liked the second part of this saga. Ended a bit abruptly for my taste. Would’ve liked some more world building. That being said, if part 3 comes out, will definitely read.

grace_with_books's review against another edition

I am unhappy with how this series ended. At first, I really liked this book better than Havenfall, but I guess I must have jinxed it because it quickly took a turn for the bad. The plot was so generic and rushed, the characters were predictable and undeveloped, and the ending did not create a sense of peace that usually comes with the ending of a series. So many characters fates were left in the air!
Maybe I just don't mesh well with Holland's writing because I had the same problem with her other series Everless. I think this book could have been great and interesting but it seemed as everything remotely fascinating was rushed through or ignored.
And don't even get me started on the lack of romantic chemistry between the characters, it was like she put in a love triangle JUST TO PUT IN A LOVE TRIANGLE.
If I had to describe the book in one word, it would be: Unfinished.
Maybe it will go through more edits before its publication in March, and maybe I will read it again then to see if anything changed but honestly, the chances for that are slim.

grace_with_books's review

If I had to describe the book in one word, it would be: Unfinished.

a_potter_nerd's review

I received this and as an eARC to read for free in exchange for my honest review. Thank you to NetGalley and Bloomsbury USA Children's Books for giving me access.

If you loved Havenfall, this sequel is 10X better and will keep you on your toes the whole time! So much happens in this story, that it's amazing that Holland was able to fit so much into one book.

I am hoping for another book since there was an opening for one at the end.....but that's mostly because I don't want to leave the world of Havenfall.

kerstinc's review against another edition

adventurous mysterious medium-paced