Love From A to Z, by S.K. Ali

librocubicularist_x's review

emotional funny inspiring reflective medium-paced

This book does a great job of demonstrating what modern-day Muslims go through daily. I loved how there was always a positive for every negative, a great reminder of how we shouldn't dwell on everything that goes wrong in our life. The characters' dynamics together were really refreshing to me, it was nice seeing loving and caring families. An accurate representation of the characteristics Muslims aim to exhibit

midnightreads08's review against another edition

*3.5 rounded up!

ahsenusta's review

emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced

aliferuz's review against another edition

This halal-love-story made me feel a lot of things. Their relationship is well-developed eventho Adam and Zayneb have a different personalities. Zayneb, this girl has a lot of energy and stubbornness. First, I thought she needs to control her anger, and then I realised that her anger is a form of defend mechanism. Glad she works on it, finally. And, I love how Adam is not the type of passive person eventho he's calm and sweet and caring. He knew what he wants and go for it. He knew he wants Zayneb to be in his life for a long time and he shows it. Also, Zayneb and Adam's repationship with their family is heartwarming. Some scenes really are tear-jerker. Especially the one when Adam told his dad about his multiple sclerosis, and Zayneb opening up to her mother about injustice she face this whole time. Definitely a great book. And of course Adam Chen if officially the luv of my life.

_meena's review against another edition

4⭐️
such a good book to read in ramadan

suellen's review

emotional inspiring sad medium-paced

kate1998's review against another edition

“Maybe that’s what living is- recognizing the marvels and oddities around you.”

I am in love with this book! It was so incredibly well written. I learned so much and this book really opened my eyes to certain things. Zayneb and Adam’s relationship is so wonderful. They are now one of my new favorite couples. Overall, this was just such a wonderful book!

magsreadsbooks's review against another edition

3.5 stars! i enjoyed this book a good deal. adam and zayneb are so good as characters and together they are so cute i just love them

theawkwardbookw's review against another edition

Want to see more bookish things from me? Check out my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCferU-BCL2dlFjWdD0rS75Q

*I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review*

After being suspended for confronting her Islamophobic teacher, Zayneb travels to Qatar to visit her Aunt. On the plane, she meets a boy named Adam who she reconnects with once in Qatar. After the death of his mother, Adam has been hiding his multiple sclerosis diagnoses from his father and sister. As the two grow closer to one another, their secrets become too much to keep in, so they each write in a journal to express their emotions.

I enjoyed this book for the most part, but I wouldn't say I was overly blown away by it. It was interesting to read a book about the Islam religion, especially since I do not know much about it. From the reviews I've read, the Muslim rep is very well done in this. I like how the author used the story to speak about important topics such as racism, cultural appropriation and grief in a way that wasn't shoved in your face. I liked the family dynamics in this. Adam and his little sister, Hannah, are so fun to read about, and you can tell they both truly love spending time with one another. I also liked Adam's relationship with his father as well, it was nice to see a supportive parent. I liked reading from both Adam and Zayneb's POV as we could see the same events from both characters. I liked the characters separately as they were both well-developed. Unfortunately, I wasn't invested in the romance in anyway, and felt that it fell short. They seemed to have fallen for each other very quickly, without ever really spending time getting to know one another.

The book was an incredibly easy read, and I completed it very quickly, but like I said, it wasn't anything out of this world.

jasongrace's review against another edition

This book is unapologetically Muslim and I am all for it.

It started off very meet-cute-ish at the airport between the main characters, Adam and Zayneb. But it's not just about the two of them falling in love. This book is more than that.

It's about staying strong when things get rough but also knowing when to ask for help, it's about standing up for what's right and fighting for justice. It's about familial love, kindness and friendship. It's about finding the marvels and oddities of life.

I would highly recommend this to everyone for its accurate potrayal of how Muslims live .