Fable, by Adrienne Young

rebeca_readss's review against another edition

adventurous hopeful inspiring tense fast-paced

matild_o's review against another edition

*decided to bump my rating down. The story just hasn't really stuck with me

I adored this book!
I loved the world, the writing and the story was very interesting. What I loved the most was the characters, and I can’t wait to see more of them in Namesake

Will definitely be reading more Adrienne Young

kabrahams's review against another edition

adventurous slow-paced

dinipandareads's review against another edition

UM EXCUSE ME MA’AM BUT THAT CLIFFHANGER ENDING IS NOT OKAY.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing the eARC in exchange for an honest review. Fable is out 01 September — you won’t wanna miss it!

When I saw this cover and title I knew I had to get my hands on this asap. This was my first book by Young, and even though I’d heard really positive things about her other novels, I didn’t really know what to expect. I admittedly didn’t fall into this book right away and was worried that meant it just wasn’t for me but I was obviously very wrong! When it finally sucked me in I didn’t want to put it down for a second! It was amazing. I loved the world building and the characters. It’s a dark and dangerous world and to survive everyone has to be a little bit morally gray. Many high seas adventures? Check! Cutthroat world full of nasty pirates? Check! A fierce and admirable protagonist? Check! Found families? Check! Delicious slow burn romance? Check check!! I can keep going. Full RTC.

Ps. I hate that we have to wait for what I’m sure will *feel* like a billion years for the sequel in 2021 because I want it NAOW plz

pot_of_insecuritea's review against another edition

Excited for second book

kari_f's review against another edition

adventurous emotional mysterious medium-paced

This is a book I immediately wanted after seeing, strictly because the cover is gorgeous! Since then, I’ve heard great things and was excited to read it.

It had some really exciting adventures on the high sea, complete with a found family crew of ragtags, some mysterious secrets, an obvious romance, a nefarious opponent, and a whole lot of bloodthirsty violence and destruction. I enjoyed the book and am excited to read the next one, but I doubt it’ll be one of those that I’ll plan to read over and over again.

elyse12's review against another edition

*3.5*

This book was really good. I didn’t really care for the side characters besides Willa and West but the plot was good. Enjoyed Fable’s character.

kimhaddix's review against another edition

adventurous inspiring fast-paced

goldskies7120's review against another edition

4.5* - I actually found myself enjoying this book very much, which was a surprise given all of the mediocre fantasy books I've read in recent weeks that have been rated higher than this one. I especially enjoyed the main character, which makes her one of the few main characters who I like most in the book. I'm usually more of a side character-type person.

Obviously has its flaws, but I'm sincerely looking forward to the next one.

bookworm_baggins's review against another edition

I wasn't exactly sure what to expect with this YA fantasy, but it completely sucked me in and I loved it. Fast-paced and exciting, interesting characters and a compelling new world, there were still a few cringe-worthy moments for me like most YA, but on the whole really enjoyable and my hold on the conclusion cannot come quickly enough.