darthchrista's review against another edition

challenging informative inspiring fast-paced

Inspiring to read as we head into summertime and want to help my kids reclaim their focus and help us not depend on screens to entertain even though it will be annoyingly HOT outside.

ronjaslibrary's review against another edition

dark informative inspiring reflective tense medium-paced

jomabede's review against another edition

hopeful informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

frasergreen's review against another edition

informative reflective medium-paced

morewasps's review against another edition

Amazing!!! I learned so much and feel really inspired to get involved with societal change. It has inspired me to also have better work life balance and sleep!!

_shaylatran_'s review against another edition

informative inspiring reflective slow-paced

through_my_eyes81's review against another edition

Best book I’ve read for a long time. Well researched into what is distracting us from the real issues in our lives and from genuinely engaging in the world. Discusses ADHD, technology, climate change and how we can collectively campaign to make a significant change for the better. I’m sure I’ll go back and read this again soon.

kshng's review against another edition

I found a factual error in the book - Googleplex is in Mountain View, not Palo Alto, as the author claims. So I'm not sure about any of the other claims the book makes. I would have given this book 1 star. However, when zooming out a little, the points the author makes sound plausible and are worth pondering over, so 2 stars.

khuizenga's review against another edition

challenging dark hopeful informative reflective fast-paced

Compelling and scary, not all the information here is new to me but it was nice to have it all framed in one place. I also think the fact that so many of the ideas that were described in this book are now more ubiquitously understood in just two years is amazing. I also learned about cruel optimism, which I knew was a thing but never heard that terminology used before.

chileanstorm's review against another edition

hopeful informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

How do I explain that this is a must read for everyone one of us in the tech dystopia of 2024. Our attention is so key to any kind of growth and survival, this is a book that is worthy of your time.