Liberty: Vintage Minis, by Virginia Woolf

elanuruysal's review against another edition

hopeful informative reflective sad fast-paced

sophdickinson's review against another edition

challenging informative inspiring reflective fast-paced

obvs 5 stars it’s virginia 🥰🥰🥰

mayaseidel's review against another edition

hopeful inspiring reflective slow-paced

__thalia__'s review

challenging informative slow-paced

wistereads's review against another edition

a very helpful, enjoyable introduction to Virginia Woolf's works (and she's indeed a genius person).

lady_ness's review against another edition

inspiring reflective slow-paced

aurora_star's review against another edition

I enjoyed all that Woolf herself had to say but really disliked the format being extracts from her works but that's entirely personal preference as I prefer a whole-bodied story though this does give a great holistic view of her as a writer.

jax549's review against another edition

informative medium-paced

myreadingcorner_'s review against another edition

I must admit I was a bit disappointed when I realized that this was a collection of excerpts of writings from Virginia Woolf, especially considering I had already read half of them. But I bought this book (actually, someone bought it for me) after visiting one of Virginia Woolf's houses in London so just holding it made me feel happy and nostalgic.

I miss the freedom of walking, and the selection made from 'Street Haunting: A London Adventure' made me feel like I was walking and it was such a beautiful experience, especially while being confined for more than 150 days. I was marveled and grateful for being able to recall the experience of walking in a city.

I think this Vintage Minis work well as an introduction to different authors in order to get to know their writing styles and maybe discover a new favorite.

"There is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind"

aliya_a's review against another edition

inspiring reflective slow-paced