Dancing Barefoot, by Wil Wheaton, Ben Claassen III

daration12's review against another edition

Good fun read. I never realized how much of a classical romantic he is. Beautiful.

heatherj818's review

emotional funny lighthearted reflective sad

dina_s's review against another edition

funny reflective relaxing

Wheaton has a fun writing style which makes reading this feel like a breeze. Very funny, nostalgic. Loved it

moodyrose79's review against another edition

Short book. I enjoyed reading the longer version of the 25th (35th?) anniversary ST comic-Con events that he wrote about in Just a Geek. Love the story about playing tag with his step-kids.

tvancort's review against another edition

I remain a huge fan of autobiographies as read by the author. This is a collection of autobiographical stories that wouldn't fit in [a:Wil Wheaton|37075|Wil Wheaton|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1356706649p2/37075.jpg]'s [b:Just a Geek: Unflinchingly Honest Tales of the Search for Life, Love, and Fulfillment Beyond the Starship Enterprise|17061885|Just a Geek Unflinchingly Honest Tales of the Search for Life, Love, and Fulfillment Beyond the Starship Enterprise|Wil Wheaton|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1356060911s/17061885.jpg|63710] (which I haven't read/heard yet — and it looks like NYPL doesn't have an audio version, phooey) and it ranges from funny to sad, although not in that order. I'm not sure how much fun this book would be for people who aren't already Wil Wheaton fans. Side note/for what it's worth: I count myself a fan even though don't know from his work on Star Trek: The Next Generation — I really enjoy Tabletop and his general "Hey, I'm not a child star anymore, I'm a grownup and can do whatever I want, whee!" adventures on social media and suchforth. So there's that.

quinnster's review against another edition

Wil Wheaton writes five short, but sweet and insightful stories about love, loss and growing up but remaining a kid at heart. While all the stories had their high points, the longest story The Saga of SpongeBob VegasPants was my favorite because it had a bit of everything. I think that the most endearing thing about Wil Wheaton is that he is still unsure of himself. He is confident when it comes down to it and he's in his element, but before he finds his bearings he's sort of just this normal guy who really wants to make people happy.

And his recounting of meeting WILLIAM FUCKING SHATNER was painfully sweet.

lddecker's review

emotional funny hopeful reflective

nevergreen's review against another edition

This book was good and interesting. I might need to go find a print copy, however, because I missed out on the pictures listening to the audiobook. Wil does a great job with the narration and I do need to check out more of the audiobooks he narrates.

aprileclecticbookworm's review

This is a short essay style memoir (5 stories that had been shortened or cut from Just a Geek) by Wil Wheaton. After the first story (dealing with the aftermath of an aunt passing) it was simple, light and very quick.

jeneyhart's review

Wil Wheaton's self deprecating humor works for me. I find him genuinely funny. I intend to listen to his other two books now.