From Lukov with Love, by Mariana Zapata

watenelysh's review against another edition

such a good book. i have never found a character more relatable than jasmine.

siswaleh's review against another edition

3.5 stars… it just took me way too long to get into. Definitely slow burn but Jasmine’s attitude got old for me. Not my favorite romance but I did still enjoy it

marisaaurigemma's review against another edition

I loved this book with everything in me. I love figure skating and have a weird attachment to it for some reason. The way it was depicted in this book was amazing and I loved every second of it. Jasmine and Ivan… gave my butterflies. Their interactions… enemies to lovers…what more do I need to say? Apparently a lot because I could write an entire essay about how much I loved this damn book. My very first Mariana Zapata, so basically my very first slowwwww burn. I thought I would despise it because I can get bored quite easily. Clearly not! It might be my already obsessive interest in ice skating; but it would be shallow of me to say that was the only thing that made me love it. Jasmine’s character was such a badass and I loved her for it. Ivan was a dick and then became one of my favorite book characters. The family dynamic? Everything. Love. Love. Love.

introvertedbookaddict's review against another edition

4.25/4.5 Stars -- Honestly I really need to work out a rating scale

I LOVE IVAN LUKOV WITH MY WHOLE ENTIRE HEART, THIS BOOK HAD ME GiGGLING AND SWOONING AND I COULDN"T GET ENOUGH OF IT.

haleeeezz's review against another edition

dnf 37% :/

luvsierra's review

emotional funny lighthearted fast-paced

laurenpichette's review against another edition

3.75/ so im going to admit that i partially fast read through a lot of moments of this book and only really focused on when they interacted with each other because i started this book as a distraction from things im trying not to think about. and even on only focusing on the two of them, it wasnt until at least 50 to 60% of the way through the book that i really started to care somewhat. i think that a slowburn romance probably wasnt the best thing i shouldve been reading to escape bc i was very impatient while reading this. i liked it, i liked the two of them together, and i think i enjoyed their relationship more than i did the one in the wall of winnipeg and me which is the only other mariana zapata book that i've read and i've since changed that rating to a 3.5+ bc while it was good, it was still just fine in my opinion. i liked jasmine and ivans bickering, and ivan was prob my fav book jasmine's character got annoying and repetitive at points, but i noticed that in vanessa's pov so i think its just zapata's writing that kind of gets on my nerves, that and i dont think im built for this slowburn. but she needs to start doing dual povs because ivan's would've saved this book from a kind of continuous monotony that i find happens in singular pov, which doesnt have to be a be a bad thing but can get boring but that may just be me. i liked jasmine, didn't love her, loved ivan and all the little things he did for her. i still appreciated her as a character, she was strong and i did kind of see myself in her with her anger, but when she did start to break i liked that she did and it didnt take away from her. i definitely liked her better than vanessa in winnipeg bc i didn't even remember vanessa's name and had to google it bc she didn't stand out to be but jasmine def did i will say that.

judithhprz's review against another edition

3'5 ⭐/5

lizchenevey's review

funny lighthearted medium-paced

naomiaburto's review against another edition

this was so freaking charming.