The Final Empire, by Brandon Sanderson

daisycalloway's review against another edition

i don't even have words for this masterpiece

eliasrojas's review against another edition

adventurous funny mysterious sad tense fast-paced

¡Maravilloso! La historia es simplemente perfecta; no tengo más que decir ni se me ocurren otras palabras para describir lo que creó Sanderson. Definitivamente continuaré adentrándrome en el universo Cosmere.

No sé por qué, pero quiero un amigo como Fantasma. Me cae bien 😂

john_hewitt's review against another edition

No current fantasy writer holds a candle to Sanderson. It's not even close.

tylerericka's review against another edition

4.5 stars because I can't quite give this 5.

shiv95's review against another edition

Addictive

fizarth's review against another edition

OMG que libro, no hay palabras para describirlo, creo que adoro cada cosa que pasa.

Amé cada personaje, único a su manera, con sus manías fortalezas y defectos me parecieron únicos. Conseguí conectar super rápido con los protagonistas y le cogí un cariño a toda la banda.

Unos giros de trama que no me esperaba, un estilo de escritura genial que no se hace para nada pesado. Sin lugar a duda amé la feruquimia y la verdad es que he tenido la suerte de leer la versión ilustrada y cada una de las ilustraciones que aparecen la amé. Me han parecido preciosas y únicas.

La evolución de los personajes es super realista y para nada forzada. Oh Kelsier tú y tus sonrisas.

Creo sinceramente que no se puede decir nada malo del libro. Si eres fan de la fantasía sin lugar a duda lo recomiendo y si no lo eres también la verdad. Me parece una obra maestra.

wangz's review against another edition

adventurous emotional hopeful inspiring mysterious sad tense medium-paced

cleverfoxwithcoffee's review against another edition

adventurous emotional lighthearted tense medium-paced

pixelski's review

WOAH THIS BOOK. Highly recommend for fantasy lovers like myself. Sanderson is a genius. He is a master craftsman of words and worlds. I'm surprised at how much I loved this - and really pleased too because I didn't want to be the black sheep. As "adult" fantasy books go, this is my first. My worry was that the language would take too much concentration for me to get into it (like A Song of Ice and Fire) but Sanderson's writing style is so easy to read and it just hooked me in. The world-building was fantastic but I can definitely say some parts were stronger than others. I can say I've read YA that, overall, had more cohesive world-building than this. The Allomancy and metals system was obviously the strongest part and I loved how detailed the system was regarding Pushing/Pulling, Mistings and Mistborn. In regards to the history, the people and the universe of the Final Empire overall though, I thought it was really vague with lots unexplored - and I can see how that leaves room for more depth later on in the books which is smart.
I really want to read The Well of Ascension now but too much on my TBR :c

davidistam's review against another edition

dark emotional funny lighthearted mysterious sad tense medium-paced

Amazing characters, world building, story and magic system.
Delivers and then subverts classic story tropes in very clever and unexpected ways.