Exit Strategy, by Martha Wells

pammi's review

ARRRRRRRGGGGG there are no more!!!!!!
Pleeeeeeease Martha Wells, please, write some more!!!!!
I'll be your best friend!!!

waterlilyreads's review

adventurous funny fast-paced

astrawitch's review

adventurous funny hopeful lighthearted fast-paced

small_blue's review

adventurous tense fast-paced

I'm so glad to meet these characters again! The build up was well paced and there were a variety of challenges that SecUnit overcame with the things it had learnt on it's travels. Couldn't have happened without the story building up in the previous novellas.

sascham's review

As soon as the notification came that this book had shipped I was sitting with my nose pressed to the window going 'pakidge???'. It finally arrived yesterday so of course I spend the evening devouring this novella. I love Murderbot so so much. Seeing it come to terms with Likes and Dislikes and emotions in general is a such a joy. I'm off to read the novel now (I bought that a few weeks ago in anticipation of needing an immediate fix for when I finished Exit Strategy) and am so excited to dive even deeper into Murderbot's brain (and watch Sanctuary Moon together).

herohail's review

adventurous funny mysterious fast-paced

smehra's review

adventurous emotional hopeful tense medium-paced

ashawp's review

I loved this collection of novellas, and the finale is a great capstone!

A challenge the author had to overcome in this novella series was balancing the exciting, high-stakes action with the character development of our main protagonist which is predominantly introspective. In book 2 I think the balance was off, and too much Murderbot inner monologue gets overwhelmingly whiny quickly (imo). For the rest of the series, the author nails it.

I highly recommend this to people looking for a quick, action-packed sci-fi with an unusual main character. I think you'll like them (and if you don't, Murderbot does not care. Nope.)

jmeston's review

So Good! Action so exciting right up to the end that I was worried about a cliffhanger. That didn't quite happen but there is plenty of room for our characters to continue having interesting lives.
This series is funny and violent and space opera-y. But! It's also mostly about trust and attention and growth and weathering emotional experiences. The best kind of fiction.

mariaste_'s review

Ok io ora vorrei leggere Network Effect ma ho visto il prezzo e mi è venuto un coccolone...
Facciamo che aspetto anche se, per ora, Murderbot è approvata.