The One Minute Manager, by Kenneth H. Blanchard, Spencer Johnson

watson's review

challenging funny informative slow-paced

aunnalea's review

Any easy read with some interesting management ideas but a little too simplistic for my complicated head.

matt_gwynn's review

The One Minute Manager was okay. I liked the leadership style - in general - that it encouraged. However, the book was a little simplistic, seemed to have inconsistent transitions, and didn't really leave me saying wow. If you are looking for a quick read, there is some good stuff in there though.

kellyholmes's review

After I took a management position, this book was very helpful, especially because I had no management experience!

thisknife's review

This was a quicker read, but filled with great advice. Great advice not only on how to manage effectively, but how to be managed more effectively.

sputniksweetheart's review

informative fast-paced

Very vague and average.

leahhortin's review

Over simplistic, pretty cheesy. A couple good nuggets, though.

guardyanangel's review

More of a 3.5 than a 4 stars-- definitely some interesting things to think about for work, but I'm still not sold on how applicable it is.

dominik's review

Nothing new here, but given that it was written in the early 80s, it must have been groundbreaking back then. A bit dated in terminology, but a useful reminder to set goals and provide feedback.

samchase112's review

Rating: 5 stars

This was a very good book. I think the message is extremely important for modern businesses, and I'm glad I got the chance to read about it in my marketing class. The book was written in a simple, easy-to-understand way that makes it easy to follow the steps. For sure a book worth rereading!

I highly recommend this to anyone interested in business.