Heir of Fire, by Sarah J. Maas

jessthebookworm's review against another edition

Celaena has been sent away from the cruel King's court to kill others on his behalf. But when she leaves she has her own agenda: she needs to venture to her aunt's realm to learn how to defeat the King.

Her aunt refuses to help her until she learns how to master her powers, which will be more grueling than she could ever have imagined.

This story just keeps getting better and more enjoyable, and I'm really engrossed. More and more depth keeps getting added and the stakes get higher and higher.

I wish I had all 7 books already, but I'm waiting for the last 3 to be delivered. Hopefully they arrive not too long after I finish the fourth book.

markuskj's review

adventurous challenging hopeful inspiring medium-paced

mamat5925's review

adventurous challenging emotional funny sad tense medium-paced

smarie88's review

adventurous emotional hopeful tense medium-paced

anabelscorner's review against another edition

Somewhere around 4-4.5 stars!
This one is definitely my favorite so far. Made me feel so much and on the verge of tears a lot of times.
This one felt way more deep than the other two. I think Sarah's writing is improving tremendously. I also got 'Dreams of Gods and Monsters' vibes and that's a good thing bc that's one of my favorite books. Rowan and Celaena's friendship was my favorite thing! Love them so much!! I hope there's also a lot of Rowan in the next book! Fingers crossed! I can't wait to see what happens in QoS! I'm assuming a lot of epicness! :)

alongm3240's review

5 unbelievable and AMAZING stars!!! I cannot get enough of this series and I'm ready to embark on the next book!!!

tarnkaur99's review against another edition

Cruel and sad but beautiful.

zsebibaba007's review against another edition

I LOVED IT. IT WAS FU*KING GOOD! Dorian T.T Give me the Queen of Shadows NOW!!!

emwith's review against another edition

After my 2nd read I do believe this is my favorite book in this series ❤️ love it!

showingshelflove's review