Rule of Wolves, by Leigh Bardugo

meghanreadsss's review against another edition

leigh bardugo i love you that is literally all i have to say

jodiehewlett's review against another edition

adventurous lighthearted mysterious slow-paced

a_nnesha's review against another edition

I have mixed feelings about this book. There were some bits where I was on the edge of my seat, waiting for what will happen next. Then the next chapter comes and I am completely underwhelmed. I will say this however, I expected this duology to be only about Nikolai and it was not so which I did appreciate as much as I love Nikolai. It's a good addition to the Grishaverse, but it is definitely not the best one; the writing becomes too messy and hard to follow at times. Yet, Leigh again was able to make me care about every single character in the book and excited to revisit some other loved characters.

bookwyrm_roo's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny medium-paced

tajam's review against another edition

All of the books from the Grishaverse universe lead to this book which lead to a perfect ending. It's hard to say goodbye to this series and it's characters but I can definitely say that this book is a perfect farewell.
Thank you Leigh for creating this beautiful world and sharing it with us.

dropdeadread's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional funny hopeful inspiring sad tense

kimberlimto's review against another edition

adventurous challenging hopeful tense medium-paced

fortunesdear's review against another edition

*4.5

alexk02's review against another edition

Please. Everything about this book was literal perfection. I didn't think I could love a book this much but yet here I am, loving this book this much. I had 113 things tabbed that I wanted to remember and honestly even though this book tore out my friggin' heart it also fully mended it back together and I am very much awaiting the possibility of a SoC 3 with that ending. This was so good I'll cry right now.

leahjanespeare's review against another edition

I didn't think another book could stab me in the heart like Crooked Kingdom - I definitely underestimated Bardugo's penchant for evil. BRILLIANT EVIL. All of these character arcs are *chef's kiss*, probably some of the strongest I've seen in a fantasy series ever. I love love love it all.