Reviews tagging Blood

As Good As Dead, by Holly Jackson

hannakindareads's review against another edition

dark emotional mysterious tense fast-paced

angelrach's review against another edition

dark emotional mysterious tense medium-paced

This is the best out of the 3 books!! I almost didn’t continue the series, but am so glad I did.

chloek608's review against another edition

adventurous dark informative mysterious tense fast-paced

I recommend this book if you like:
-the first 2 books (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder and Good Girl, Bad Blood)
-an amazing, intricate, well thought out thriller
-YA mystery

This book plot was insanely good! I cannot recommend enough! I actually think this third installment of the trilogy is the best out of the three and they were all fantastic. This has easily made my favourites list.

Pip has a stalker, a potential serial killer. But he's locked up in prison, right? So is she imagining things? Looking for clues that aren't there? Pip isn't the same girl she once was, before the previous two books. She's seen things, heard things, been through events that are tough to forget, impossible to leave in the past.

SpoilerPip received messages, who will look for you when you disappear? Pip wasn't sure at first but comes to an answer during the book; her boyfriend Ravi, her family and friends.

She gets abducted by the Duct Tape (DT) Killer. She goes through a horrific experience of being tied up and left in a work garage. Pip manages to escape, climb shelving, break a window and get to the forest before Jason Bell returns to kill her.

Pip makes a choice, she returns to the garage to finish him off, takes a hammer to his head nine times; overkill. But now she's the murderer.

Here comes the mind blowing, detailed plan on how to get away with murder. Slow down rigour mortis, delay the time of death and then get an airtight alibi. All which she achieves with the help of her boyfriend and friends. She uses a cars air con then heater to artificially control the effects of death on the body.

It goes one step further. Implicate and set up Max Hastings, the local drug dealer and rapist. Plant evidence at the scene to make him go down.

It all nearly unravelled due to a stray pair of headphones found in Jason Bell's bedroom. A trophy he had stored to remember his 6th victim to be. But thankfully Ravi stepped in with an explanation which was believed.

Pip moved away from home and went to uni and had to cut contact from all her friends and Ravi. In case the trial didn't go the way they planned, she needed to ensure the ones she loved didn't get into trouble.

After a long wait, the trial ended and Max was found guilty. Ravi immediately messaged Pip. That's where the story ended.

Pip thought right and wrong was so explicit. Black or white. She discovered first hand that there are many shades of grey and that sometimes the truth should stay hidden.

millibraithwaite's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional mysterious reflective relaxing sad tense medium-paced

jocyavega's review against another edition

dark emotional mysterious sad tense fast-paced

Damn did I love this freaking book!!! The perfect (really unexpected) way to finish this series!

I enjoyed the new turn in the series in watching Pip struggle with trama and ptsd from what happened because you get to witness the major spiral she's going through while everything goes on. It sounds bad but I like how we actually see the trama all of this has given her. It shows the reality of being I guess a "crime solver" and how tramatic events have effects on a person.

God the twists within the story I love them! Like it keeps pulling the rug from under your feet and then there's like a hundred more underneath it!

It at times towards the final part, it feels a bit unrealistic given the situation. Yet I'm not that upset with it, with the way their world has been setup in the first books, it makes sense what happened within the books' universe. It also helps that the author explains the reasonings/thought process of the characters. It's not just thrown in there and not explained how or why, and we do get the chance to watch it be fleshed out.
Like does everything fit a little too well for it being just a coincidence with everything that happened? Yeah it does, and I can see why people may find that off putting. But honestly it doesn't make it a bad book, cause it fits into the world these characters live in and it still came out as a great final ending to the series.

It made me feel an array of emotions and I loved every second of it!

beloved_luna's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional mysterious tense fast-paced

I think this is my fave book of the trilogy. I had read lots of negative reviews before reading it, but I feel like I don't agree with them. I thought that while I was annoyed with Pip's decisions, I thought it felt really realistic and honestly still in line with her character. I did HATE the ending though, that trope is my least favorite trope in the whole world

brileyreadsbooks's review against another edition

adventurous hopeful mysterious tense fast-paced

I found the beginning to be long and boring, but the book quickly picks up into something your super involved in.

teaskate's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional mysterious sad tense medium-paced

You know the trilogy was good when the last one was the best.This book was heavy and how Pip says it so perfect completely in the grey zone.I really liked the characters in this book.Pip is such a complex character and I think that makes the trilogy so good.How everything was perfectly connected,came back right were it all started and how everything fits with the other books is just something I was looking for,also the plot twists through out the trilogy were always unexpected ,at least for me.What I already really liked in the other books were the interview parts,pictures etc.Which were in this one also really interesting.

dumbttrfly's review against another edition

dark tense

daneyyy's review against another edition

dark emotional mysterious tense fast-paced