Reviews tagging Body horror

As Good As Dead, by Holly Jackson

thumbeleia's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional mysterious sad tense medium-paced

binreads's review against another edition

dark emotional hopeful mysterious tense medium-paced

Who will look for you when you’re the one who disappears?

First off, I have sincerely enjoyed this series so much. And I sobbed when this book ended. That last page man…I felt the emotion building but it all hit me at once. I love Pip. I love Ravi. UGH!

I will say, this book was much more stressful, mature and delve deeper into Pip than the first two. I honestly had to prepare myself to read because I was so on edge with Pip. But I loved it every step of the way.

MAJOR spoilers ahead!!!
Spoiler A BIG F U TO JASON BELL AND MAX HASTINGS, YALL FINALLY GOT WHAT YOU DESERVED.

Pip was going through it this time around I felt so bad. This book definitely had a darker vibe than the others, I felt it right away. I am still losing it over everything that happens.

Jason Bell man. Ya wanna know how I KNEW this man was evil? In the first book, when they find out about Mr.Ward and Pip sees the Bell’s in their car…Pip mentioned how Jason looked like he showed no emotion or something along those lines, while his wife was crying. It was such a small detail, that probably meant nothing but I had a feeling he’d come back. He didn’t deserve Andie, Becca, his wives, any of them. Pip did not deserve to be his new prey. I can’t believe she killed him. And then got away with murder.

But she did it. She got away with it. A nice ode to the books title A Good Girls Guide To Murder. I love how full circle it was. I love how everyone whom Pip helped, helped her. I love Pip and Ravi’s relationship so much I CANNOT TAKE IT.

I haven’t cried at a book in so long. I can’t believe it’s over. Loved every second of it.

tstar21's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional informative mysterious sad tense fast-paced

Absolutely amazing just like the others. My heart was pounding with nerves throughout this book. Astounding.

beca_reads's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional mysterious tense fast-paced

This was a perfect ending to the 'good girls guide to murder' trilogy. This time Pip has a stalker, which makes a change from the past book, as this time she is trying to figure out who her stalker is. During this process she finds out that there might still be a serial killer on the loose, making her race to find out before anyone becomes the next victim. The second half of the book, takes a twist which I was not expecting, but absolutely loved (though I could see how some people may not like it). The second half of the book see's pip needing help from her friends, who are more than happy to help her. There was a strong sense of found family and coming together to help each other. The ending broke me, to put it lightly. I felt heavily for Pip and wanted the best for her, and was hard to see her struggle so much.

Throughout the book we see Pip struggle with the aftermath of the events that happened in 'as good as dead'. Pip experiences extreme anxiety and flashbacks from these past events, leading to her becoming co-dependent on Xanax. Pips mental health was handled carefully, and showed the reality of living with trauma, and anxiety. This made Pip feel like a real person, that deals with mental health conditions that many people deal with daily. I also felt it was good how it showed that it can be hard to reach out for help when you need it most.

Overall, this book was fantastic and I know I will come back time and time again to this series. I'm excited to see what Holly Jackson does next.

bookishgoob's review against another edition

adventurous challenging emotional hopeful mysterious tense fast-paced

what an amazing end to this trilogy. i loved each book by itself and this was the most perfect ending. it was incredibly fast paced and it had me on the edge of my seat. i held my breath a lot. audibly gasped. got chills and felt so many emotions. to sum the book up i would say: i support womens rights, but more importantly, i support womens wrongs. i loved pip and i felt for her during the series. such a loveable and headstrong character. i wish there was going to be more books but i understand that the story is over, i just wish it wasn’t. this is a series i would recommend everyone.

missmichalalynn's review against another edition

adventurous dark mysterious sad tense medium-paced

mme_carton's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional mysterious sad tense medium-paced

ciao_potatoes's review against another edition

adventurous dark mysterious sad tense fast-paced

rachrreads's review against another edition

challenging dark mysterious tense medium-paced

Writing= immaculate
First half of the plot= SINISTER, TWISTED, BRILLIANT
Second half of the plot = wasn’t a fan. I wanted to slap Pip upside the head.

I would still recommend this book and series but personally just wasn’t a fan of how this ended. Pip just felt so out of character IMO in this book. I get trauma changes you but it just didn’t feel like the Pip we know.

cedmnds's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional mysterious tense fast-paced
  • Loveable characters? N/A

sooooooo good i loved it so much !!!! super duper tense and very stressful i could not put it down . a very different plot to the other two books which was very surprising !