Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline

Amazing book!!

bl0ndekitten's review against another edition

adventurous lighthearted medium-paced

annm1121's review

The thing about this book is every time I felt bored to tears, Cline would pull me back in with intrigue. Of course, the reader knows that this book is going to have a happy ending and predictably, it does. There are some slow spots and some over-explained parts. Overall, it's a fun book but I think it will make a much better movie.

miathorup's review

adventurous mysterious reflective tense medium-paced

jaymz's review

I had a blast reading this. Now I will be upfront, I watched the movie first and it was awesome but I found the book even better. If you where raised in the 80’s, played coin-ops, and enjoyed the 80’s as much as me then you will also enjoy this book.
The book was well written and the nerd level of the author really shines in this book as you can tell by the writing, the author lived it rather than researched it. I found this to be a serious page turner and hated putting the book down (during my birthday 7/7, I couldn’t read it much then or the next day).

I personally can’t figure out why the negative reviews are on here, other than the nostalgia escapes them or they are just carrying over from Armada (next on my list to read). I felt connected like HP, HG, and RW in the Harry Potter novels, and felt just as emerged.

msjholl1977's review

Loved this one! Great detail to 80s nostalgia!

carolinda99's review against another edition

Este livro tem uma quantidade absurdamente grande de plot holes e coisas que não fazem sentido e clichés absurdos que me fizeram bater com o livro na cabeça, mas eu adorei todos os momentos

mrsjulietfox's review

This book was interesting to read, but it wasn't fleshed out enough for me to really get into the story. A lot of important details were missing whereas the author went into excessive detail about inconsequential things. It was clearly written for teenage gamers and movie buffs, which is fine, but the fanboy-ish writing doesn't appeal to a very wide audience.

greene_house_gases's review against another edition

adventurous hopeful mysterious tense medium-paced