Tarnished Crown, by Erin Watt

gmanpreet03's review

1.5 STARS

Tarnished Crown is the companion book to the third novel in the, The Royals series.

In the previous book, we’re introduced to Gideon, one of the Royal brothers and Savannah, his ex-girlfriend.

They seemed to have a super mysterious relationship. Although at times I was interested in learning more about them, I did not enjoy this book.

I always found Gideon to be a strange character and didn’t care for him. This book hardly explained Gideon and Savannah’s relationship and only addressed a few past and current scenes.

The only part of the book that I actually appreciated is the length. It can be read in a few hours/in one sitting.

I’d only really tell you to read this book if you really really really care for Gideon and Savannah, and their relationship. If not, definitely pass on this because I can assure you that you won’t miss out on anything important! x

jbridg's review against another edition

Let’s just say I love the royal siblings and really enjoyed the first 3 books! Out of all the siblings Gideon was just one I couldn’t really care less about. I just didn’t care for his story. It was still an enjoyable read but didn’t blow me away thank goodness it was short because I wouldn’t of survived a full length book!

jwilson4444's review

Rating: 3/5 stars

H rating: 2/5 - Gideon

h rating: 2/5 - Savannah

Drama: 3/5

Thoughts: Gonna finish this series I guess..lots of skimming though..

olivia_potato's review

fast-paced

justanothergirl_23's review

I need MORE!

henrietta_h's review

I mean I never really liked Gideon in the other books. I just wanted to read more from these two authors because their writing style causes obsession. But this book didn't really change my feelings towards Gideon, and only portrayed Savannah in a worse picture than in the other books. I don't think I would recommend this book for it only takes away and doesn't give anything extra.

redrosesonly's review

dark emotional informative tense medium-paced

I felt like it didn’t finish

haniehan's review

Savannah is a real one. OMG Savannah is great. I love her and she should have gotten a book instead of Ella and Reed in my opinion. I think there's more to work with when it comes to her and Gideon, but I'm not mad that they only got a novella. However, it does oversimplify their conflict. There's a lot to unpack with these two. We got inklings of what happened between them and then Broken Prince or Twisted Palace we got more of the full scope of what happened. Gideon and Savannah have been through it. Do I think they should be endgame? Probably not. Do I think that there is an opportunity for forgiveness and closure? Yes, yes I do. I think this novella was pretty decent and I was able to connect with the characters. There wasn't much character growth, but I am glad that Gideon and Savannah resolved their tensions.

natashareadsbooks's review

Ok so from what I gathered, this story is only available via wattpad & also the newsletter.

Its a short story, following Gideon, the oldest Royal sibling, and takes place after the happenings of the first 3 books (Paper Princess, Broken Prince, Twisted Palace)- so it is best to read those 3 before this one so you know everything that is going on.

I liked having insight into Gid's & Sav's story. Yes he was a asshole. And as much ad I enjoyed this story, i didn't love it as much as Reeds & Ellas. Also, I still don't know if he 100% redeemed himself- but i am glad that Sav forgave him & took him back. And, i didn't care for how it just ended like it did. It just left much left unresolved. But like i said, i did enjoy it and liked seeing Gideon & learning more about his and Savannah's relationship. 4⭐ out of 5⭐.