Genuine Fraud, by E. Lockhart

bungadinding's review against another edition

Terlalu banyak kebetulan? Plotnya berjalan terlalu mulus?? Ada lubang-lubang yang harusnya bisa membongkar tapi enggak???

Tapi premisnya super intriguing sih. Plot-wise this book isn't the best tapi aku rasa buku ini memang bukan berfokus ke plot misterinya, justru lebih ke pendalaman karakter dari si Jule ini. And E. Lockhart did it well.

ETA: baru tamat baca buku ini untuk kedua kalinya. Pertama baca dari depan ke belakang. Yang kedua baca mundur, dari belakang ke depan. Dengan gitu bisa dapat gambaran lebih utuh tentang alurnya. Dari pembacaan kedua juga bisa lebih memperhatikan karakter Imogen dll, karena toh udah nggak terhalang rasa penasaran sama twist dan endingnya.

baulexa's review against another edition

tbh not the best? it really hooks you in the first quarter of the book because you want to figure out why jule is pretending to be imogen. but as soon as they reveal that jule has a violent past and has committed murders, then obviously you know that she killed imogen.

the reverse chronological order did not help keep this book suspenseful because you’re simply no longer reading for the thrill of the murder mystery. it becomes an origin story. essentially the second half of this book was an absolute snooze fest for me. although jule’s reason for getting entangled in imogen’s life was realistic, it was not a strong ending to the book.

moral of the story is: rich people suck. bitches be crazy.

sagestenhaug's review against another edition

this honestly fell really flat for me. I liked the writing style better than we were liars but I didn’t really like that book very well either. it was really hard for me to stay focused reading this because it was just not captivating at all

buddychumpalfriend's review against another edition

Incredible book, completely captivating, could not put it down. Even now that I have finished it I still have questions - yet I still feel like it was a satisfactory ending. It would make an excellent, kick butt film. On a different note however - does the author realise what hetero means? The main character often complained about how the main characters in action movies were white hetero men, when she herself was a white hetero woman, so I found that a bit funny.

tattythomas's review against another edition

*3.35*
I'm not really sure how I felt about this book. I enjoyed the premise but I'm not sure if I enjoyed the execution

mishopetrov's review against another edition

Голямо разочарование, до последно очаквах някакъв голям обрат във финала, който ще преобърне целия смисъл на книгата, точно както стана и в "Ние лъжците", но за съжаление това не се случи. Не съм особено щастлив от факта, че загубих толкова време в довършването на този роман, а накрая не получих кой знае какво.

roshanmaegaddi's review against another edition

I did enjoy this book however, it was not something I was head over heels. The characters are so dodgy and shady. I mean, it was written quite well and the way the story was stitched was different and overall, not bad.

mirka03's review against another edition

adventurous mysterious medium-paced

spaghettifingers's review against another edition

dark mysterious tense medium-paced

dflick2012's review against another edition

1.5 Stars. I hated it. I felt like it jumped all over the place and the ending was pointless