rainbowbookworm's review against another edition

After reading We Were Liars, this book was a disappointment.

Don't get me wrong, it is a good book. If I had read it when I was a teenager I may have liked it more. Lockhart has the teenager's voice down, but it just was not relatable or interesting for me at this point in my life. Nonetheless, I might check out the first book in the series. I was unaware that this was a second book in a group.

kslhersam's review against another edition

Fluffy and entertaining young adult read.

foreveryoungadult's review against another edition

Graded By: Poshdeluxe
BFF Charm: YAY!
Swoonworthy Scale: 7
Talky Talk: 2 Legit 2 Quit
Bonus Factors: Bake Sale, Hair Metal, You've Got Mail
Relationship Status: Til Death Do Us Part

Read the full book report here.

lunarcicles's review against another edition

This book and its protagonist made me really reconsider my mental health. I actually related to 90% of the things Ruby Oliver said. Perhaps, going to see a shrink would be a good idea...
Either way, I actually enjoyed this one far more than the first one in the series. I felt like Ruby was really getting somewhere! Also, I'm rooting for her to get together with Noel. In my opinion, he is by far the best of all her "boyfriends".
This book wasn't funny, in any way but it was quite entertaining as the first one. Even more, so.

ellarose73's review against another edition

I decided to give this book three stars because it was lovely to see the progression Ruby has made from book 1 to book 2. Sometimes in the first book she would be too judgemental of people that are trying to survive high school until college and I felt that, while she does say “I’d only have Meghan”, she does develop into a more likeable and understanding person. I, of course, hated Kim and Jackson and still very much do at the end of this book and it was nice for Ruby to understand that just because she had been with a particular group of friends for a long time, does not mean they are any better than those she can meet or start to get to know in her junior year of high school. It was not even 200 pages, but we saw her start to be more independent and surround herself with people that would make her happy, as well as figuring out who she wants to share her body to romantically as these are things teens start to think about.

Super cute read in the series but because it was so short it lacked a major plot. 3/5

booksargram's review against another edition

i'm really loving this series! so adorable!

ode_to_readers's review against another edition

I want to start off saying that I found this book to be much better than the first, most likely because there's some more Noah in it and some action *nudge nudge wink wink*

I guess I'm not really one for footnotes, and lengthy ones for that matter, I find it drags away my attention too much and I lose focus but I still appreciate the idea of it.

Also, Ruby still obsessing over Jackson got a bit annoying since she's been doing it for 1 and a half books now but luckily we see a bit of a change in that aspect towards the end.

I did like the story but it didn't necessarily grab my attention. I read it more for Noah and to see what happens then anything else 😂

theartolater's review against another edition

Young adult novel for teenage girls, so I had to read it, of course. The sequel to The Boyfriend Book, I know I enjoyed it, but I don't remember a thing about it. Not a great sign.

devafagan's review against another edition

Loved this, as I loved the first Roo book (The Boyfriend List). Wonderful, funny, true voice. I am particularly impressed by how Ruby can be so flawed and human and do things I (and she herself, most of the time) know are wrong, and yet I completely believe it. And it just makes the moments when she does the right thing all the more sweet and endearing.

caitlin21521's review against another edition

Sigh. I love Ruby Oliver.