Hook, Line, and Sinker, by Tessa Bailey

thelifeofbookishmartha's review

It’s fox and Hannah’s story!! Available March 2022 from Avon. This book is so good and I just couldn’t stop reading it. After reading the first book, I was so glad that it was in Netgalley so I could finish out the series.

kateyreads's review

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

shawna_jo's review

emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced

Tessa Bailey is quickly becoming my favorite romance author! Her comedic timing, believable characters, and heartfelt prose make her books a joy to read. I loved the dynamic between Fox and Hannah. They both had excellent character development and their conflicts/struggles were realistic without being boring. This felt like watching a real-life relationship play out before your very eyes. I always appreciate an epilogue especially when you know there won't be another book (Two sisters, two books...unless there is a secret sibling we don't know about LOL).

taylorallen's review

jzndiskahcudkabcudjsbdudidhdh ITS PERFECT. my most anticipated book for next year and it exceeded my expectations. I don’t know what to say except thank you to my friend Maggie! As much as I adored IHOS, i knew i related more to Hannah as a character and i was just in awe at how mature and level headed she was while dealing with Fox’s issues. Seriously it was so just delightful and lovely and the chili pepper parts were incredible too. WOW.

literaryillusions's review

Review will post closer to release.

vicyadz's review

emotional lighthearted medium-paced

I got this ARC through work and read it in half a day—really. Tessa Bailey is a master in crafting rom coms that can pull at your heartstrings and make you laugh. Completely worth all the hype!!

Spoiler However, between this book and Piper and Brendan’s, I found myself a bit unsatisfied with how the stories didn’t really touch on the girls’ relationship with their mother, who had a lot of history in the town. Nothing to cross hairs about, but it did leave me curious!

jessiesreadingjourney's review against another edition

I literally gasped when I was approved for this ARC on Netgalley! I read the first book, It Happened One Summer this week as well and went right into Hook, Line and Sinker! This second novel follows Hannah and Fox, their friendship and them staying together while Hannah is back in town.

"You're a surprise, Hannah. How could I hate them?"

The writing in these books are like a Netflix Romcom playing out in your head! They are so smooth and easy to read and just so so good. I am a sucker for friends to lovers and I loved Hannah and Fox's friendship. I think the talk of toxic masculinity is something that a lot of books don't bring up or even praise so I like that Hannah was helping Fox see that he is more than some guy who girls like to look at.

Bailey is very good at writing "spicy" scenes in a way that don't make you want to cringe and help the story progress and don't feel like they are just thrown in to add spice. I also like that there isn't an ista love storyline, the relationship is more realistic and takes time to mature.

Thank you to Netgalley and Avon Books for the opportunity to read this book early! I had the best time reading this one!

cassareada's review against another edition

funny lighthearted fast-paced