Reviews tagging Sexual content

Hook, Line, and Sinker, by Tessa Bailey

jorrdy's review against another edition

funny lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

(Note: I was provided an advanced copy of Hook, Line, and Sinker by the publisher via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.)

Hook, Line, and Sinker is the second book in the Bellinger Sisters duology. This time the focus is on music-obsessed production assistant, Hannah Bellinger. Hannah is back in Westport for work, crashing with relief skipper and ladies' man, Fox Thornton. Hannah and Fox met on the Bellinger sisters' first visit to Westport and since then have established themselves as friends - JUST friends. Fox isn't the type to settle down and anyway, Hannah seems to be immune to his charms. But, as time passes, the two become closer: confiding about their insecurities and inspiring one another to take chances. Soon the lines between friends and lovers starts to blur, but is exploring those feelings with the risk?

Hook, Line, and Sinker had me grinning like an idiot on page two. I love the dynamic between Hannah and Fox. their personalities are perfectly complimentary. Their interactions are funny, heartfelt, and sincere. Fox, especially, has exceptional character growth in the story that makes it so easy for you to root for him. Friends-to-lovers is one of my favorite romance tropes and Fox's pining over Hannah is absolutely swoon-worthy. My only complaint is that occasionally the dialogue felt a little cringy.

Overall, this is another absolute knock-out of a book from Tessa Bailey. This book helped me escape the stresses of life and made me grin from ear-to-ear. If you love romance, you absolutely cannot pass up this read.

decklededgess's review

emotional lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

trigger warnings: slut shaming and related bullying, alcohol mention, sexual content, slight dubious consent, death of parent mention, infidelity mention and description

I mean…..the sex scenes were good but at the cost of once again having to read a quirky girl who is Not Like Others constantly get babied and infantilised by everyone including the love interest who is your run of the mill man white with feelings except he won’t go to therapy to deal with anything. oh let’s not forget homegirl is the only one who can fix him.

whatever. it’s fiction. the smut is good if that’s all you’re here for. the rest is…quite annoying.

kenziewol's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced