Pay It Forward, by Catherine Ryan Hyde

carter_reads's review against another edition

This book made me look at the world so much differently. The message in it is so beautiful and it shows how a little bit of kindness can have a big impact. It really makes me want to go out and be kind to anyone. As for the story itself I liked all the different points of view. I kind of wish it had more from the kid’s viewpoint but I still enjoyed it.

bethb3's review

4.5 stars
I read the adult version several years ago and really enjoyed it. I chose this one for a book club and was interested to see how the versions differed. Some of the content was toned down or removed for a younger audience, but this didn't detract from the beauty and poignancy of the story.

juliet1102's review

Left me wanting to pay it forward. Changing the world one good deed at a time.

lucy_i_t's review

emotional hopeful inspiring reflective sad medium-paced

railyway's review against another edition

The beginning was alright. The ending was heartbreaking. < / 3

mugglemom's review

Book was better than the movie - the movie changed some key areas. I wonder if the author was on board with all the changes?

Still, loved the story and what it means.

v10's review against another edition

Quite different from the movie (and original book, which I have not read), but inspiring just the same.

epilieaspiechick's review against another edition

My full review can be found on the Epilie Aspie Chick blog!

I never saw the movie but I've heard enough about the plot to understand it. A friend of mine gave me the book and I was interested to see how it played out. Although the idea itself is beautiful, the story itself meanders and gets lost in the sea of characters.

elliec98's review

emotional hopeful reflective sad medium-paced

sadsexygemini's review

"A Story To Change Your Life"

I watched the film that's based on this book before I knew that this was a book. I know, that's bad because it's better to read the book before you watch the film and whatnot, but in it's defense, the film did live up to the book.
I'm a big fan of random acts of kindness, so when I heard about the concept of Paying It Forward, I was immediately interested.

Trevor is an ordinary boy, in almost every aspect. Until he comes up with an idea for a Social Studies project that changes the world.

I expected this book to be quite slow paced and, to be frank, kind of boring. So when I finished reading, I was pleasantly surprised. And sad, because of what happened. But mainly surprised.