cuppacawffee's review

adventurous dark medium-paced

donnaisreading's review

Really gorgeous art with an okay story line, I dunno it just kind of...feathers off somehow :(

joy_b's review

I've just realised this is the second in a series not the sequel to Elegy. Oh well, I was disappointed and that disappointment mainly comes from contrast because Elegy was so damn good.

skolastic's review

The art and the plot skips all over the place (good luck following exactly what's happening as everyone's stories fragment and move out of order) and there's a bit too much gore for my tastes. Here's hoping that things improve in the next collection.

aprilpoole's review

The use of multiple storylines and points in time works spectacularly here to make another unforgettable Batwoman comic. The art is to die for and the characters are flawlessly executed.

iamrainbou's review

I don't know but I thought I would love Batwoman much more. The plot is interesting, myths and monsters coming up from the darkness, but it is not too compelling. Kate is a fascinating character and her relationship with Maggie has me screaming with happiness, but I don't care about the rest of the characters. Adding the violence and gore (oh yes, sometimes it was just too much for me) and the ableism, I don't find myself completely invested in the universe. It's okay, but not the best.

shakespeareandspice's review

The narrative jumps kind of ruined something wonderful.

jessica_dw's review

Loving the art style and the way this narrative is headed. However the mixed timeline was kind of annoying and brought the rating down.

booknooknoggin's review

A better Batwoman. Flashbacks made it somewhat confusing at times.

laurbear's review

I want to like this series, but I'm just not enjoying it very much. I think Kate has a lot of potential, but I don't like the writing and that makes it tough for me to connect with the story. I particularly didn't like how this volume jumped around so much both time-wise and perspective-wise. It made it difficult to really immerse yourself in the story because you were never in one place for more than a few pages.
I did like the art though!