Sleepless Volume 1, by Sarah Vaughn

fortunesdear's review

It was honestly just an okay graphic novel. I did love the art style but not a lot happened and what did was pretty predictable. I don't think I will be continuing on with the series.

mandyk's review

This was such a great read. The artwork was beautiful. This was a pleasant blend of mystery, court intrigue and world building. The author managed to do a lot of character development in such a short format.

astroprojection's review

Boosting a 3.5. I think this has a lot of potential but doesn’t necessarily explore all of it to the fullest. The art is quite lovely at times and accents the romance well. I think the pining between our two leads was excellent and I look forward to seeing how things play out in volume 2. I think the political intrigue is interesting but haphazardly sketched at times, making jumps in logic I didn’t quite follow.

ceebellum's review

What do you know, I loved it.

indigo_han's review

I am LOVING this. Magic, mystery, murder, a poc princess protagonist, a magical knight, forbidden romance, a possible true friendship between two women marginalised by their status and court politicking, and why, oh, why do I have to wait until SEPTEMBER for another issue. Sad face

queer_fantastic's review

Love it! The art is great, the people and world are all beautiful, and I love a good plot of fantasy and intrigue.

emmalouise27's review

fast-paced

joanbereading's review

Political intrigue, black princess, hot and sleepy bodyguard, oh my!

nightqueen's review

Love love love! The art is beautiful and the story is interesting. I can't wait for volume two.

sunshinereading's review

I'm going to need the second volume in my hands soon because holy mother of god!! This comic was incredible! First of all it has a black protagonist in a fantasy setting one in which she's the daughter of a king - though not legitimate when it comes to court standard. BUT! She's absolutely wonderful! Second it has friends-to-lovers trope and that whole body guard falls in love with the princess trope which is freaking amazing. The writing was wonderful, so was the pacing and seeing how the lore isn't too heavy but you can still understand it. Ugh man, this is going to be a favorite comic of mine I can already tell. Read it, you won't regret it!