Holding the Man by Timothy Conigrave

daniel1's review against another edition

emotional sad medium-paced

frasergreen's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional sad fast-paced

dstewryan's review

challenging dark emotional funny reflective sad tense fast-paced

miranda_coward03's review

challenging emotional funny informative reflective sad medium-paced

hailsmars's review against another edition

challenging emotional informative sad fast-paced

clairegarns's review against another edition

challenging emotional sad slow-paced

silver_lining_in_a_book's review against another edition

challenging emotional informative reflective sad slow-paced

I guess the hardest thing is having so much love for you and it somehow not being returned. I develop crushes all the time, but that is just misdirected need for you. You are a hole in my life, a black hole. Anything I place there cannot be returned.

Wow, what a heartbreaking portrayal of a beautiful love story that was unfortunately cut short.

I had some issues with aspects of Conigrave's literary choices in this book, but I cannot really review someone else's life story. It felt like a very honest and sincere look into his relationship with John and his discovery of himself. Ultimately, I think this is a very worthwhile read and I definitely recommend it to anyone who thinks they can handle the challenging topics it touches on.

geenag90's review against another edition

This book (and the brilliant recent film) moved me so much, it will leave a mark on me forever. A brilliant exploration of a heavy topic but one that should be discussed and mourned and not rusted under the rug or so heavily stereotyped, definitely a book that should be read in high school/ uni as part of the required reading, people respond to people sometimes better than statistics.

drinksomewater's review against another edition

challenging emotional reflective fast-paced

huntercanread's review against another edition

Obsessed with this book partly bc it’s a penguin classics cover so you look hot & mysterious in public but then half of it is just about jerkin dudes off