The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Volume 2, by

chelseymarie's review against another edition

Cute, but not particularly awe-inspiring.

joelipsett's review against another edition

Knowing nothing about the character aside from the fact that this volume was a top rated graphic novel, Squirrel Girl turned out to be a really pleasant surprise. The art is a little more youth-skewing, but the jokes are spot-on. A very solid complement to Batgirl - same kind of audience and adventures.

bowienerd_82's review against another edition

Ridiculous in the best sort of way, and totally charming.

hinkle's review against another edition

So this was amazing. Funny and fun and engaging, it had me giggling and immediately reaching for the next volume, which luckily I had. I didn't read the last issue in the volume, which was a reprint of Squirrel Girl's first appearance, mostly because I don't generally find older comics all that engaging.

laurizzie's review against another edition

There aren't enough stars for how much I loved this.

pun_intended's review against another edition

Funny and entertaining, but I'm not a super-fan.

teenlibrarian's review against another edition

Fresh and fun. ❤️❤️❤️

mobilisinmobili's review against another edition

Perhaps my new favorite super hero comic. Let's beat Galactus with the power of friendship!

fernlyqueer's review against another edition

adventurous funny fast-paced

gswizzel's review against another edition

Five out of five freaking stars!

Oh my goodness! I wish not at all expecting to enjoy this as much as I did!! I'm going to say this right now:
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl is one of my top 5 favourite Women of Power in The Marvel Universe (And I have loads of favourites!) And I'm going to say this as well, I already love this more than Ms Marvel (DANG IT, I'm saying way too much!)

If you are a fan of Noelle Stevenson's graphic novels like Nimona or lumberjanes, YOU'D LOVE THIS!

PROs:
- This volume was a strong start to the series and it didn't even need to be an origin story for it to be a great introduction to Squirrel Girl.
- SO MUCH GIRL POWER! Seriously! Also, this made me want a pet squirrel... or a billion.
- The humour in here was HILARIOUS! This includes the dialogue with the villains and Tony Stark and of course "Deadpool's Guide To Super Villains", I was laughing on my commute to work this morning.
- It was so well written, there wasn't a time I was confused or disengaged.
- The art-style and the colouring suit the story so well and stands out compared to other marvel comics.
- This is not only a great place to start reading comics for the young adult age, but even the middle-grade age. It is appropriate, clean yet so action-packed and adventurous!

CONs:
- Tbh, I've got none. I loved this too much!

I told myself I'd me more strict with what books I give 5 stars to, but I couldn't hold back with this.