Reviews tagging Blood

All Your Perfects, by Colleen Hoover

gracekirby51's review against another edition

challenging dark reflective sad tense fast-paced

ecravens's review

challenging emotional funny reflective sad tense fast-paced

abitofapoet's review against another edition

sad slow-paced

This book was incredibly emotional. Please read trigger warnings before reading this because it does touch on some really hard topics, but it does so REALLY well in my opinion.

Something that I loved about this book, as much as it broke my heart, is how unique it is. So often a romance novel ends at “I Do.” but that’s not reality. That should be the beginning. Seeing these characters navigate their broken marriage is heart wrenching and hopeful at the same time. You’ll find yourself crying for Quinn and for Graham on one page, and wanting to scream at them on the next. Even the most perfect matches have their category 5 moments.

I found I related to Quinn a lot. More than i’ve ever related to the struggles of a book character before, which is surprising because where Quinn so desperately wants to be a mother, that is my absolute nightmare. But the strain that Quinn’s infertility puts on herself and on her relationship is akin to the strain i’ve felt in my own marriage because of a medical condition. The feelings of not being woman enough for her husband, of constantly letting him down, of their marriage being the thing that ruined his future, and of feeling the need to pull away from him and place this distance between them because of those thoughts. I found myself staring at the pages in disbelief that someone had actually put into words the thoughts that i’ve had in some of my darkest moments. And watching Graham desperately love the ghost of her, wishing he knew how to get her back broke me into pieces.

One emotional quote that really stuck with me:
Spoiler “My Husband’s heart is my saving grace, but his physical touch has become my enemy.”

If you’re looking for a sappy romance, i wouldn’t recommend this to you. If you’re looking for something real and beautiful and heartbreaking, absolutely pick this up.

bugzandthingz's review

emotional lighthearted relaxing sad fast-paced

et3rnali33's review

emotional hopeful lighthearted reflective sad fast-paced

Spoiler
“If you only shine light on your flaws, all your perfects will dim.”
~~~~~~~~~
TW⚠️: Infertility, Miscarriage, Blood, Self harm, medical trauma, grief, and mental health.
~~~~~~~~~
I didn’t fully digest this quote until I finished the book and finally understood. This is just one of the many impactful quotes I took away from this book.
This is definitely an emotional rollercoaster following an imperfect marriage between Quinn & Graham. Starting off as Graham waiting outside Quinn’s boyfriends apartment having learned his girlfriend was cheating on him with Quinn’s partner Ethan. These two begin their journey as strangers to lovers. But, this won’t be all daisies and sunshines. We get a glimpse of the struggles, pain, and heartache these two experience within years of marriage and we simply follow them along the journey.
Themes surrounding strangers to lovers and second chances, you will definitely cry and feel the emotions here.
It was definitely a good emotional read!

taelorslibrary's review

emotional reflective sad medium-paced

alexis_mai's review

challenging dark emotional sad tense fast-paced

claraortega's review

emotional sad tense fast-paced

Didn’t really enjoy this book like I thought I would. Hated Quinn’s character. She was just way too selfish in my opinion. Even when you have all of the heartbreak and emotional trauma she has, you should never treat your spouse the way she treated Graham. Her avoidance to fix their marriage was just irritating, especially when she complained about it not being how it used to be. Granted, I am not at the point in my life to what children, nor have I gone through the losses of trying for one. So maybe this book just didn’t make sense to me. I wonder if it would if I had read this a bit later in life?

kyrstin_p1989's review

dark emotional hopeful sad tense fast-paced

Not my favorite of Hoover’s novels, but still touching, interesting, and fast-paced. I felt sad for the characters most of the book but the end is good, if a little predictable. Also, it isn’t as spicy as some of her other books.

snuggledwithink's review against another edition

challenging emotional funny hopeful inspiring reflective sad fast-paced