The A.I. Who Loved Me, by Alyssa Cole

adoras's review

fast-paced

haerlee's review against another edition

This was a breezy read full of imagination. Would recommend for an afternoon of escape.

cora1922's review against another edition

Is there a sequel?? Please let there be a sequel! I NEED MORE OF THIS

cat_brewsandreviews's review against another edition

This was cute, quirky and had a fun little twist!

sharnett's review

adventurous mysterious fast-paced
  • Strong character development? N/A

carolibrary's review against another edition

This romance novella is set in a technologically advanced near future and features a sci-fi spin on the boy-next-door romance trope. I thought this would be a light and quirky love story, but the society was actually surprisingly dark and twisty below the surface, and the story built up to an unexpected, action-packed ending. This was an entertaining, quick listen with a star-studded cast, but it was a bit confusing. I appreciate the way Alyssa Cole bends genres, but this didn’t quite work for me like I thought it would.

Blog | Instagram

sherrise's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny hopeful lighthearted mysterious tense fast-paced

magnoleia's review

funny lighthearted medium-paced

beyreads's review against another edition

You’re you. And if you aren’t ready to be you yet, then you can be mine. I’ll keep you safe until then.

Living in a world where everything is automated because wherever we turn, a robot is ready to help? Dream, but can also be a nightmare I guess?

A humanoid designed to be very similar to human and able to fall in love? Very interesting indeed. It is also pretty well executed. I was immersed in the plot and the story—with the twist.

But sadly, though it is a short novella with only 130 pages, I had a hard time finishing it. This is my second book from her and I also had the same difficulty with the former. Mayhaps Alyssa Cole’s writing is just not for me, no matter how—I have to admit—good it is.

asocialcris's review against another edition

I don’t know quite what I expected when I downloaded this. A simple romcom, maybe, based on the cover and synopsis. What I got was a fully immersive and intelligent storytelling experience which was wonderfully written, and narrated by a group of talented actors. I loved the concept, loved the thoughtful world, loved the sweet romance. And I’m so excited that this’ll be a series!