Sharp Objects, by Gillian Flynn

prudikovaa_s's review against another edition

dark emotional mysterious sad tense medium-paced

mau_reeny's review against another edition

Gone Girl is tough to beat (I give it a four-star rating on the strength of the “cool girl” rant alone) but this was good.

meloutre's review against another edition

challenging dark tense medium-paced

hauntedhexgirl's review against another edition

Dark themed books are often my favorite types to read, and this one hit the mark. The characters are all flawed, which I liked, they seemed like they could be real people. I’ve lived in small towns like Wind Gap before and the gossip takes on a whole life of its own and people really do think they are above others who grew up elsewhere, those things really resonated with me because I’ve seen it first hand before.

I liked the pacing of the story, there was a bit of a build up, but it didn’t feel like it dragged on either. There was a few moments where the characters would say or think something and I felt a bit of a cringe because it was hard to picture someone really doing it, but then I have to remind myself that there’s all different types of people and it’s more believable than I think.

Part of the twist was a little obvious to me, but still enjoyable. The other was less obvious and I enjoyed it.

If you’re into dark themes, this book is a good read. Just be cautious if you’re not used to such descriptive writing when it comes to these themes or things that I might be uncomfortable. Overall, I really enjoyed the book. This is the second Gillian Flynn book I’ve read (the first one being gone girl), and I can’t wait to read more.

beendeadtwice's review against another edition

Engrossing.

As I was going through the story, it was predictable. But all I wanted to know was why? WHY?WHY??

Though I couldn't able to pass a few pages of gone girl, Gillian Flynn got me this time :)

kur9's review against another edition

What a messed up family it is.

bookswithcyn's review against another edition

dark medium-paced

Predicted the major reveals but didn’t really bother me since the build up was well executed!!

bookishchloo's review against another edition

a great thriller that i would recommended to any fans of the genre. wonderfully written characters and environment. i wasn’t on the edge of my seat with the twists, but a still haunting read.

booksbynat's review

challenging dark mysterious tense

This was literally....what.

This was literally so so good but like crazy psycho manic. I am not entirely sure how this even ended, I ended it then immediately went to bed. It was so good, and I was invested in the story. I can't believe that I didn't read this sooner. I used an audiobook for most of it bc then I listened to it while I drove.

Loveeee Gillian Flynn.

krushmann's review against another edition

It wasn’t bad, but I had figured out who the killer was like halfway through and it just felt slow at times. A little dark for my taste yet somehow bland at the same time