The Bromance Book Club, by Lyssa Kay Adams

avidreader87's review

hdawn2701's review

emotional hopeful fast-paced

skyeangei's review against another edition

4 Stars.

Marriage-in-crisis tropes always have me wrapped around their finger. This one was no exception.

First of all shoutout to the boys who make up this bromance book club cuz their hilarious banter put my moody ass in such a good mood. Especially the Russian. Thank you for making me laugh with your lactose intolerant status.

Gavin and Thea were also amazing. Some hurtful words were definitely thrown at each other, hence, the crisis part of their marriage, but they stood by each other when it really mattered.

Although I really enjoyed this book, I'm withholding that last star because I never really felt the emotions between Gavin and Thea. I didn't feel the sting of tears in my throat when shit was going sideways. I didn't feel the thrill of excitement when shit was looking up. It just lacked that extra razzle dazzle. Also I have absolutely no idea what Gavin's grand gesture was intended to do. Skip this next sentence if you don't want that spoiler!! But crashing her dad's wedding ?¿ help I am confusion.

Other than that, this book was great for killing some time and it put a smile on my face too so there we go.

colleengio12's review against another edition

Writing was great but not a fan of Thea.

vanessa10readsbooks's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

resident_insomniac's review

emotional funny hopeful inspiring medium-paced

readsbyjaileah's review against another edition

challenging emotional funny hopeful lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

3.75 stars

paiges81's review against another edition

Super fun book from the perspective of the man. It made me laugh out loud and was a quick read.

amandalorianxo's review

funny lighthearted reflective medium-paced

For a romance novel, I'm glad this didn't take itself too seriously. There were a lot of funny lines and pieces of dialogue sprinkled here and there. But I felt like I was reading caricatures/cardboard cutouts instead of fleshed-out individuals. I definitely don't think Gavin or Thea should have gotten married in the first place and I'm not overly confident in the fact that they lasted for three years. I don't even have faith they would last beyond the epilogue of this book. These two are supposed to be somewhere in their 20/30's. But the couple doesn't read like that. They read like a much younger couple who don't even know each other and barely communicate. Gavin definitely overreacted to the whole " my wife was faking it the whole time" and he seems a lot more uber-sensitive compared to most men (but I also realized this could also coexist with his stutter) Thea wasn't any better though. She was annoying in her stubborn behavior and refusing to just talk. Liv didn't help, she was just grumpy the whole time. Amelia and Ava read like pre-k/kindergarten students but I thought they were supposed to be 2/3? So the premise itself was a cool one but I found it difficult to believe that a bunch of baseballs and other athletes in Gavin's age group were woke enough to host a book club and spout all these things we really want men to believe. Seemed to be fictionally good to be true. Also, Braden being enamored with Liv? That def feels like the second book is going to revolve around them or one of these books in the series is going to revolve around them.

alyssawhitethorn's review against another edition

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO READ THIS!! I absolutely freaking LOVED this book! We love Mack in this house. No Mack slander allowed. I loved the premise of this! I really enjoyed the book inside of a book thing.

It's like two books in one but for the price of one :D. Gavin Scott is one of my top tier book boyfriends, and I will NOT change that statement for anyone. He honestly had some of the best character development I've seen in a long time, and that's saying something. I think Liv is an absolute bitch. I'm sorry, but she is. I love Thea. Thea's absolutely amazing. Don't get me started on Ava and Amelia! THEY WERE SO FLIPPING CUTE!