Reviews tagging 'Infidelity'

The Bromance Book Club, by Lyssa Kay Adams

avidreaderandgeekgirl's review against another edition

emotional funny slow-paced

bookrecsbyjess's review

funny hopeful lighthearted

This book definitely lived up to the hype. I absolutely loved this book and can’t wait to read the whole series.

The book club was hilarious. I couldn’t get over how funny the guys were when discussing the romance novels. The fact that they use romance novels as manuals cracked me up.

It was easy to root for Gavin the whole time because he tried so hard to win Thea back. It was frustrating that Thea didn’t seem to care about saving their marriage at all even though she was part of the problem. I felt bad that Gavin had to do all of the work instead of them both trying to fix their marriage.

Gavin and Thea had a lot of cute moments together. The fact that Gavin had a stutter that Thea accepted wholly was heartwarming and made Gavin a more realistic character.

Thea’s sister Liv was really terrible in this book considering how much of a jerk she was to Gavin.

The other guys in the book club were a fun addition to the story, and I’m excited to read their stories as well.

Overall, I loved this book and highly recommend it!

itsmeyseniab's review against another edition

emotional medium-paced

Although I found this to be a quick read, I will say that I wasn't as invested in the plot as I thought I would be. That being said, I did appreciate the more realistic approach that Lyssa Kay Adams took with this romance (ie. a couple working through their marital problems). I just think the overall story fell flat, had some continuity issues near the end, and got very repetitive at times. I also didn't enjoy the inclusion of the "excerpts" from the bookclub book Courting the Countess along with the humor that was attempted with making the main character of that book the voice of the internal dialogue the characters would have with themselves.

Ultimately this story was underwhelming because of how bland the main characters were. The only time I felt any true chemistry between our two main characters Gavin and Thea were during the sex scenes (which also read very awkwardly to me, and even funny at times). We were told how much Gavin wanted to "win" her back, but the actions on the page left me feeling very meh. The supporting characters were very forgettable to me as well.

zombiezami's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

This book was good for some laughs, but I felt that it was rather meh.