A Girl Like Her, by Talia Hibbert

madimallory's review

Hmm. I feel like it's clear that this is Talia Hibbert's earlier work, because the usual sparkle that she has with the Brown sisters was notably absent with this one. I just found it hard to believe, I guess? The story lacked emotional resonance for me and the way it unfolded felt clunky and immature in some aspects.

salsbookss's review against another edition

REVERSE GRUMPY/SUNSHINE ALERT!!!

Such a fun and cute read!!
Ruth is absolutely amazing and I LOVED her and Evan is the sweetest dude I swear! And in true Talia Hibbert style the spice was incredible.

khiwords's review

emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced

siwemagadla's review

I didn't think this was good at all but I couldn't look away even in moments when I was cringing at either the writing or character development. It failed at building the relationship between Ruth and Evan in the sense that it was mostly about the sexual chemistry. The characters harp on about enjoying each other's company and sharing their thoughts but this is never shown on text. It's hard to actually build a relationship and romance before the banging and it's really frustrating that most authors don't spend enough time on the romance. Basically, this was disappointing and just :/

meghanchristian's review against another edition

I have figured out where I like my romance it’s definitely not in the steamy setting or with 100+ pages of sex...just not for me! It’s more so in contemporary/literary fiction where it doesn’t consume the whole plot.

With that being said I knew this was a romance book. I enjoyed it for what it was. Ruth and Evan were cute. I enjoyed the character development, I love Taila Hibberts writing.

If you enjoy romance and hot steamy scenes over and over then this book/series is for you. I probably won’t be seeking out the rest of the ravenswood series.

valerieb's review against another edition

Ahh just what I needed for my Take a Hint, Dani Brown hangover. They are similarities for sure but different enough that it didn’t burn me out. Another wholesome comfort read for sure.

captainsharmie's review

emotional funny hopeful medium-paced

mymy08's review

mol212's review

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted mysterious reflective medium-paced

kitrivaluvr's review